Audio Talk

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: Audio Talk

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:21 pm

I have no fear of honest opinions even if the bias is very strong. There is always the opportunity and possibility of a revelation. But seriously look at the forum output of the threesome (the membership of Flatty Forum) about NVA and me, flatty has been the least bad but still bad as he backs the other two up. PROOF look at the lies and nonsense from Wanker about SC last year. You don't have to be me just a NVA owner of the cables to see the lies.

Lindsayt
Marshall Islands

Unread post by Lindsayt » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:45 pm

I would not trust Flatty's nor YN's judgement on any bake-off. They may well say the same about me.

An NVA speaker bake-off involving them would be a joke. :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar:

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:23 pm

Just joined audio talk and bumped the doc mod threads. Tomorrow might see the DL8's completed.

:epop:

Stu
Naim, Linn & Harbeth fanboy

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:54 pm

They operate like a cosy little bunch of mates who just reinforce each others opinions and that has created a false self satisfied consensus, there are differences but are minor and not encouraged. Basically they need a bloody good kick up the arse to get them out of their comfort zone. I am not talking about disruption, but by just expressing YOUR experience and opinions hopefully we will help in opening some minds.

I think Nick wants this, he realises his forum has stagnated, it was far more active in the past and has now lost its mojo. So any members with spare forum time join, don't disrupt they had enough of that with Jammy, just help them find their mojo again. Of all the forums out there I think this one has the virtue and potential to be an honest benefit to the industry to counter what is happening at the Big Three (WW,PFM,AoS).

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:17 pm

Having read the Dungeon Keeper thread, what on earth is Noddy doing on it? He completely ruins two grown ups having a discussion on their different outlook on speaker design. No wonder you got angry Doc.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:32 pm

I have both him and Greg on ignore, so I don't see their posts unless someone copies it when answering. I wish I had done it before, for a while I was enjoying winding them up and arguing but it is entirely pointless.

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:36 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:They operate like a cosy little bunch of mates who just reinforce each others opinions and that has created a false self satisfied consensus, there are differences but are minor and not encouraged. Basically they need a bloody good kick up the arse to get them out of their comfort zone. I am not talking about disruption, but by just expressing YOUR experience and opinions hopefully we will help in opening some minds.

I think Nick wants this, he realises his forum has stagnated, it was far more active in the past and has now lost its mojo. So any members with spare forum time join, don't disrupt they had enough of that with Jammy, just help them find their mojo again. Of all the forums out there I think this one has the virtue and potential to be an honest benefit to the industry to counter what is happening at the Big Three (WW,PFM,AoS).
Well Doc, I do try with my long running series of crazed truncated pyramid speakers and (horrors) all pentode valve monoblocks, and to be fair we do get some good discussions going during these projects. But I've reached my limits and after these I'm out of ideas and can't see there being another next big thing from me. Someone else is going to have to come up with something.
The "Everyone's Projects " forum used to be very active. It needs to get revitalised because that is the spiritual core of AT.
DIY NVA amplification ( roughly equivalent to NVA A60) BTE Designs passive preamp, BTE Designs Lenco L75 turntable, Rega R200 arm, Goldring E3 cartridge, NVA Phono 1
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC, AppleTV4 with Apple Music subscription, ripped CDs streamed via WD MyCloud Home Duo NAS, with PLEX media server.
Speakers - Sealed cabs with Fane 12-250-TC 12" full range drivers. Also, Winslow Burhoe/Roy Allison/Richard Dunn influenced semi-omnidirectional.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:47 pm

Well it would be very suitable for Doc Mod projects.

Simon Hickie
Great Britain

Unread post by Simon Hickie » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:52 pm

I have had a membership application pending since early afternoon, so I'll give it a go.
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” George Bernard Shaw.

Lurcher300b
Great Britain

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:27 pm

Simon Hickie wrote:I have had a membership application pending since early afternoon, so I'll give it a go.
Only one person today joining and I activated that account at 4:30