The New Wigwam

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: The New Wigwam

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:48 pm

It is sad I agree with you but a lot of it is due to this. https://www.hifisubjectivist.org/viewto ... =6&t=45189

We have become defenders of truth and reality amoungst the self interest, slurper control, and censorship that operates at other forums. If you want proof just post and talk about your nva or me or this forum at PFM and see the reaction you get, at minimum your post will be removed but you will probably find yourself banned. So we take the piss as that is all they deserve.

Much if not most of this is because of NVA and the threat that it makes for the rest of the industry, not hobby. Every hi-fi retailer is on the forums as either themselves or as sock puppets who have manipulated conflict against us to try an isolate nva to block it from finding new people wanting to try it, because when they do at our prices they buy it. So there is an on line campaign to try and shut us down, isolate us from potential customers etc. It is because of this and it happening that was the reason about 10 years ago that I started this forum. In that time the forum has been hi-jacked twice (and lost our archive twice) to try and kill it, yet we are still here.

About a year ago mostly from prompting from the likes of Savvy I made an offer of Day One. This means any broken insulting piss taking relationship can be taken to Day One as long as the past is put in the past. A couple have taken it up and they are now posting member here who see our point and we see their point - there is give and take.

So TonyL at PFM can have Day One when ever he wants it and a lot of our motivation (well mine) would be gone, but he would have to allow NVA to be discussed and my membership re-instated, he wont do that, so the offer is one sided.

Regarding Wigwam I am still in a bad mood with them for banning me a month or so ago for no reason apart from it made their life easier as the trolls who were attacking me went away when I was banned. I think you would probably be similarly irritated. So I look for things to tease them with, it makes me feel better. AND this is true of a lot of people who post in this forum room who have been used and abused by other forums, so they join in.

The offer of Day One still stands with anyone who has the gumption to let the past go, but remember what started this - the motivation is to kill NVA as it is a threat to too many peoples slurp.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:09 pm

I was banned from PFM immediately after I said in a post i had received good advice on HFS.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:16 pm

Now tell me Berty, is that what you would call normal behaviour. So you need to look at the creators of these problems, not the victims.

Berty bass
Great Britain

Unread post by Berty bass » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:39 am

Even to the uninitiated - myself in this case - that seems draconian and wildly disproportionate. It's enough to make a guy cancel his account. Well, that and the fact that some dickhead replied to a thread I started on there the other day about a particular speaker, and claimed he found the smallest bookshelf in their range lacked 'gravitas'. :-?

Berty bass
Great Britain

Unread post by Berty bass » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:43 am

Just checked on PFM and at least my recommendation for the NVA Phono 2 in a thread about a Phono stage upgrade hasn't been deleted...yet.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:45 am

I was a member of PFM for nearly two years and felt that I was on borrowed time for a while. Had posts removed for mentioning NVA prior to my ban. I visit the British hifi sites for amusement. Apart from HFS the only hifi forums I can take seriously are HeadFi and Computer Audio.
And northwest of Pegasus

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system

Out and about

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:25 am

Berty bass wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:43 am
Just checked on PFM and at least my recommendation for the NVA Phono 2 in a thread about a Phono stage upgrade hasn't been deleted...yet.
Then TonyL or a mod must have missed it as if seen by them it would have been removed.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:43 am

I suggest try Steve Hoffman forum. Apart from some draconian moderation by the 'Gorts' which is aimed at content and behaviour rather than personal bias against individuals it is a good place to discuss anything music or hi-fi. My main gripe (due to the US fear of litigation) is them deleting threads aimed at exposing rip off and dishonest dealers. Also SH appears to be becoming a bit of a Salesman for Audio Note through his mate who is the main Californian dealer (and he gets long term loans) At least I don't have a problem with the brand apart from prices. Never seen him recommending those cricket stumps (pictured with years ago). No problem recommending NVA or anything else on there. Anyway it's 10 times better than any UK forum (present company excepted). I'm still a member PFM and Wam but rarely post as the discussions are just of little interest and of a very low standard of knowledge, centred around a few pretty discredited brands. There seems unfortunately an insane love for Tannoy and Harbeth over there especially considering the US pricing of these products.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:09 pm

I concur about SH and think the music forum is the best part.
And northwest of Pegasus

Second system

Out and about

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:49 pm

It is very sad about the state of UK hi-fi forums, there is little honesty or good information. The only other forum I recommend is Audio Talk, but even though it is about everything audio it has largely become a DIY forum. The forum with the most knowledge apart from us and Audio Talk would be Audio Abattoir, but they suffer from being so far up their own arses they are stuck there, even to the point they try to avoid discussing hi-fi as they think they know it all - good fun now they have stopped insulting me and NVA, but arrogant in the extreme. They were all (just about) of the knowledgeable members of the old Wigwam who were unhappy with what has happened to it. AoS is just a pretend friendly place controlled by the gigantic ego of its owner, and now a means of getting him the new car he wants, knowledge levels very poor. Wigwam, failed commercial enterprise, lost about all of its knowledge base because of it - sadly run by mods who still think they are the old Wigwam that is now at Audio Abattoir, owner now is just searching for ways to make it more profitable.

There are loads of other small ones that really are not worth the mention as their member base is too small or with little knowledge, or have almost died through lack of content.

Not sure I want to get involved with USA forum, my only experience was Head-Fi, and was bombarded with posts from senior members saying they would give me good reviews if I gave them one (hi-fi that is).