The New Wigwam

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: The New Wigwam

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:08 pm

Warning issued by oldius

Penalty

Given 0 points which will never expire.

Note for member

After very careful consideration and discussion over the course of today among the moderation team, it has been decided to issue you with a permanent ban. The reason for the ban is the disharmony that is brought to the forum by your presence, and your concerns regarding libellous postings about your products, which may be too difficult for the moderation team to recognise as such.

***************************************************************************************

Pointless answering there. So finally we get the "you are not the problem, but others make you the problem, so it is easier for us to ban you". I also explained to Oldius what the law was regarding potential libel and mod responsibility. My warning was that if they refused to address a request to remove libel, they become equally responsible as the libeller and the publisher (owner) of the forum, this was meant to help him and also said I would not do it to Wigwam I would solve it with you, but of course my words and offer have been twisted because there is an agenda. It is like the never ending saga, perhaps this is the end, but if so it is left on a very BIASED and unfair situation yet again.

And there was me thinking it was going much better, with mods dealing with Trolls better, and me being able to give my knowledge and experience to the members, my point in being there.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:18 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:08 pm
Warning issued by oldius

Penalty

Given 0 points which will never expire.

Note for member

After very careful consideration and discussion over the course of today among the moderation team, it has been decided to issue you with a permanent ban. The reason for the ban is the disharmony that is brought to the forum by your presence, and your concerns regarding libellous postings about your products, which may be too difficult for the moderation team to recognise as such.

***************************************************************************************

Pointless answering there. So finally we get the "you are not the problem, but others make you the problem, so it is easier for us to ban you". I also explained to Oldius what the law was regarding potential libel and mod responsibility. My warning was that if they refused to address a request to remove libel, they become equally responsible as the libeller and the publisher (owner) of the forum, this was meant to help him and also said I would not do it to Wigwam I would solve it with you, but of course my words and offer have been twisted because there is an agenda. It is like the never ending saga, perhaps this is the end, but if so it left on a very BIASED and unfair situation yet again.

And there was me thinking it was going much better, with mods dealing with trolls better, and me being able to give my knowledge and experience to the members, my point in being there.
The timing of this is exceptionally confusing...
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:30 pm

As I said in earlier post the mods are exceptionally confused and disrupted as they have different agendas in this. I think they have just decided to take the easy way out and let the Trolls win, who will be jumping with joy as they have won their battle. So once again they are not mods because they don't deal with the problem which is the Trolls, they sentence the victim of them - once again.

BIASED MODERATION

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:03 pm

I'm also confused by the timing following the advice to report inappropriate posts. The trolls have won and the forum is the loser. A case of the lunatics taking over the asylum.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:00 am

There has been no announcement and apart from me posting here no one knows I am no longer a member, so they keep posting about me, replying to me, and asking me questions - this shows the level of expertise by the mods, they are useless, even AoS would not allow it (unless a classic Marco strop).

They have no understanding of their legal responsibility.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:59 am

There is more nonsense and lack of understanding involved re my comment on libel. Someone publishes libel in a post - the post is reported - the report is ignored and the libel remains - an official request is sent to admin for it to be removed - it is ignored - a solicitors letter is sent requiring the contact details for the libeller, and the officials who refused to remove the offensive item, they are required by law to give this information - they give the information and all of them get a writ, and fun with solicitors and courts starts - they refuse to give information, forum is taken down. Now in a libel situation this would happen if I am a member or not, it makes no difference libel is libel, so they gain nothing in protection by removing me. BUT they lose my goodwill and co-operation and help stopping it so it doesn't have to escalate, but now being banned I have no contact point and can only proceed legally - stoooooooopidity!

In a situation like this everyone in the train of command who has refused to act is liable under law, they (WW mods) really are like children thinking they can play with no responsibility - they seriously need to look into their legal requirements and responsibilities they take on when accepting moderator status.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:06 am

As a matter of fact only the publisher and the person responsible for the libel are liable.

There is no legal recourse against a mod.
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:34 am

Well I read the ruling wrong in that case. BUT if the owner delegates all publishing responsibility to the mods as in this case ?

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:15 am

At the end of the day , it's who is putting their hand in their pocket. The person who made the libel (can be more than 1 person if several people commited libel) and the person responsible for its publication.

Mods will say they are just moderators.
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:29 am