The New Wigwam

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Rabskirabski

Re: The New Wigwam

Unread post by Rabskirabski » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:36 pm

Final post on this matter. I have serious family issues to deal with and this rubbish I really do not need. Nor do any of the mod team.

If anyone posts any 'attack' on you or NVA, report it and it will be dealt with. As long as I remain a moderator on the site, you have my word on that, and I don't give that lightly.

If you don't report it, but just respond, we/I will not necessarily see it. Don't respond. Just report it. If it's unfair, illegal or personal, I will delete it as quickly as I can. I cannot offer any more than that. If you start a fight on a thread, we will not always see it. The entire point of the 'report' function is that we get notification of a problem, and we can therefore deal with it.

Personally, I would prefer you to remain on the site and keep posting your knowledge, which I know is excellent. However, if all we are doing is just trading criticism and insults, then it is best we all back away from that as it helps neither of the forums, nor any of their members.

Rabski

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:42 pm

OK I am contributing good and accurate information, let us see how it is received and who responds.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:57 pm

Another post removed, this time by Bandit Pilot. I can see the point but I need to clarify what is trade and what isn't. One of my earliest and best experiments in what we call Doc Mods was a pair of B&W cases I found on ebay cheap. I built them with my 8 inch doped bass / mid and 25mm Visaton tweeters. The really unusual thing is that they are lined with 10mm steel plate so weigh about 30kg each. I can't use them as I can no longer move them as on medical instruction now not to lift heavy weights, thankfully I now have Boy Friday for lifts. Even he has struggled moving them this week to get them out of the storage room. Anyway they are here now in my work room. I will put up a pic later. They are obviously point and squirt. Anyway it was those that were on the offer post for a guy at Wigwam to listen to. They are basically point and squirt Cube1s.

Sooo, after long explanation should things built for my own use for my own experiment and not under the NVA name be considered as trade promotion - I think not, but it seems even if I tried to sell Nadia on a forum :lol: it would me being trade.

Anyway they are surplus to needs so I will make them available, best to collect and listen though, but they will go by carrier if needed.

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Perhaps have a QUIET word with the post remover. If I had made a bad decision the last thing I would want is to have it PUBLICISED.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:48 pm

And so I will publicise it, nothing else seems to work with them. Do you think my last problem would have been solved if I hadn't talked about it here. Only because at its highest point 150 lurkers were viewing this thread.

Rabskirabski

Unread post by Rabskirabski » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:54 pm

Possibly debatable Richard, but you posted in a discussion thread and promoted something of yours. On your own site that would be taken as shilling. If it was not a commercial product, you could have made that clear. Rick took a perfectly sensible decision.

If it isn't trade, you need to make it clear. It wasn't clear.

We are not against you. Quite the opposite.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:52 pm

OK - I mentioned no product, all I said was I can lend him a speaker if he wants to get more experience, no mention of a sale though if he loved them he could have had them as they are in my way here and too heavy for me to move. Do you fancy trying them? though if you still have SE valves then the speakers would eat your watts, far too inefficient

I keep saying I don't want to be trade, I want to be me and never answer anything about nva there. FFS they can email me through ebay, through my website, through this forum, they would have to be pretty thick not to find somewhere PLUS you will find it is often the trolls on wind up path trying to get me to talk about NVA. If a normal member had built a pair of speaker nothing to do with his work he would be allowed to talk about them.

I am still fed up, and still feel like I am standing up being targeted and shot at. I just want to talk to enthusiasts and give help and experience as I have just done about speaker stands, note - no complaints is that because I don't make speaker stands.

For example I am not allowed to take a room at Kegworth and bring a system in a case, even though I have one. A Leper just because I design and build stuff!!!!!

This is the speakers

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:05 pm

Rabski. Thank you for taking the time and the trouble to explain the Wigwam position. I for one , much appreciate it
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:48 pm

Greg from Bristol is at it again, trying to fish for me by telling lies and attacking NVA without naming it. Same as he did at TAS, same as he did at AT, same as he tried to do at AoS but couldn't because we couldn't be named there. He is a sad individual who is now trying to attack DSJR as he know the mods at wigwam will stop him if he uses my name.

Remember THE TRUTH of the matter, he borrowed a BMU, he broke it trying to get inside, insulted it without understanding it. It (nva one) is built to ClassII regs not like the metal box ones - changes the game and the rules entirely = ignorance. Was made to look an eeediot when corrected but cannot let it go. This campaign of his is now over 2 years old and it starts again.

Part of his post as attacking Dave
"Finally, the irony. The mains transformer used in the balanced mains unit advocated elsewhere, is actually constructed by Airlinks, the company I suggest you punters explore. It’s a sort of, you couldn’t make it up situation, but that’s how it is and for sure, what I have said has not been subject to the, as ever, standard company shilling from DSJR. I really don’t know how he gets away with it on so many forums, although, yes, he has been banned deservidably from a few.

Happy to answer questions on this,

Cotlake"

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:29 am

Can't find it although I see the bulk of the original post. the ONLY NVA I've mentioned on Wigwam is in the NVA Owner's Club thread started by Ziggy and the ONLY forum I'm not able to post on is the Harbeth user group after I had a spat with it's owner by PM. I don't post much if at all anywhere else now, as it's not in my best interests to do so, so don't know where or why Greg needed to state that originally - I never fell out with him to my knowledge and only reported what I saw when the said BMU came back here. I took photos as it came out of the box here with top off and with my wife as witness, who insisted I took pics before doing anything else! I made no judgement at the time, by the way and the conclusions weren't mine I recall.