The New Wigwam

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: The New Wigwam

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:42 am

BUMP as I want this email exchange to be read by as many people as possible. Also for anyone to show me / us where I have been disruptive and making chaos at Wigwam, good luck, it doesn't exist. What there is is other members and mods and trolls deliberately creating chaos on threads I posted on, hoping the blame would fall on me. In Peters case it seems it worked.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:27 pm

Can you imagine someone being effectively banned from posting for giving Government approved safety advice - bonkers!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:10 am

So how many of these people libelling NVA here are Wigwam mods, and there lies the problem, even if none, at least half the Wigwam mods are posting members at this sewer pit. And this is the type of forum they want Wigwam to go back to being.

https://audioabattoir.com/search?q=nva

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:06 pm

AND time to repeat the truth that these lies and libel are wound around.

ALL amplifier manufactures have had failures, one of those failures is the amp going DC. This mean one of the power supply rails goes across the speaker output if an output transistor fails. We protect this with a resistor that burns out and cuts the path to the DC, but it is not instantanious and sometimes if you are unlucky it can take out (fuse) the speaker voice coil. It is a pain but you have to replace the bass driver, nothing else is effected as it is protected from DC by the crossover.

OK so the incident that these lies and libel root to was created by a member at AoS - Blackadder - he had two mk1 A80 monoblocks that he stacked one on top of the other, so the bottom one lost a lot of its ventilation. He left them on 24 hours as well. Overnight something happened, I think probably a large voltage spike and an output transistor failed short circuit (more often they fail open circuit), DC rail at about 50v with loads of available current was sent to the speaker bass unit voice coil. In normal circumstance that would just overheat and fuse, and I would have to help them sort out a new bass driver. BUT in this case his speakers were Wilson Benesch, who pride themselves in doing everything much bigger and more than needed, that is their selling point. So very large voice coil wound with thicker enamelled copper wire than normal, so it took longer to fuse, there was also a weak point on the coil that showed in photos of the damaged coil after the event, which may have contributed to the amp failure. Anyway because of the retained heat and that the enamelling on the coil was not flame proof (1st CE fail) it flamed and passed heat to the internal stuffing in the speaker, which started to smoulder. Now we all know safety regs mean any material used in furniture has to be fire proofed, this wasn't (2nd CE fail). This heat from the smoulder than transferred to the plastic cone of the driver, which again not being fire proofed (3rd CE fail) started to melt and allow smoke out of the speaker which set off the smoke alarm and woke up the owner, who went down to find the smoke damage to some paint work in the room and a ruined carpet under the speaker stand.

He phoned me the following day and I tried to help him by taking the amps back and replacing them with new ones and offered to see what could be done about the speakers. Marco then got to him as he saw an opportunity to make problems for me and NVA and persuaded him to join in telling lies at AoS about the event and attacking me and NVA. This was nearly 10 years ago, yet Marco has brought it up over and over again when he gets cross with me, with more and more lies added to the event. Last time a year ago was to create the excuse to ban any mention of me or NVA at AoS. Then we have the insurance fraud perpetrated by Blackadder that Marco either encouraged or will not refer to. OK the room damage was claimed, normal, but the new replacement NVA amps were sold at ebay and yet he claimed full value for them on the insurance, so he made a profit out of the incident.

So entirely down to Marco this event has been exaggerated and lied about and others like the Bigbowski (sic) because he flounced off HFS in a huff has taken it up as have others who may feel irritated by me or have a forum beef against me, as exampled in the thread linked above.

So basically the whole thing boils down to Wilson Benesch should have complied with CE and none of this problem would have happened. Blackadder should not have been the source of Marco's libel, especially if he was going to perpetrate insurance fraud. Marco created the FUD that he has tried to keep perpetrated by using his glove puppets and his sock puppet (he has one at Wigwam ATM). Everyone who wants an excuse to damage me and NVA have helped the FUD spread and now be linked to NVA amps catching fire, AT NO POINT IN THIS SAGA DID A NVA AMP CATCH FIRE!!!!!!!!! and none ever have, no flaming or smoulder even in the worst circumstance can get through a thick sealed Perspex case, the worst case is it may distort a little.

This is a full explanation of THE TRUTH as I have posted before, but it is time for it to be said again. The people who spread these lies because they think it is funny should think again as at some point it may be worth while getting the civil law involved if it continues.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:07 pm

They all hate Marco to a person, yet they end up doing his work for him.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:29 pm

Stocks unlocked - I'm free I'M FREEEEEEEE :dance:

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:15 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:29 pm
Probably concerned that traffic has gone down.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:52 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:29 pm
Congrats

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:32 pm

O look. The overwhelming majority think acrylic HiFi is okay and does not start fires. Some even think it may have advantages.

What silly Billy started that thread.
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Caps Lock

Unread post by Caps Lock » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:40 pm

No carthorse upvote and likes to be seen here 😂