The New Wigwam

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
slinger
Great Britain

Re: The New Wigwam

Unread post by slinger » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:27 pm

Good on you Doc. As you know I've used a pic of myself as an avatar here and I do the same on the other couple of forums I belong to.
As that great philosopher, Popeye, remarked, "I Yam What I Yam And Dats What I Yam." He could have added, "So Fuks Da Lot Of Ya!"
Amps - NVA P50, A30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:38 pm

LS6 and SSP.

wiicrackpot

Unread post by wiicrackpot » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:46 pm

Just checked the thread in Wigwam, looked like a nice day was had by all,
the Wam doing what the Wam does best. 8-)

P.S. shoes with no socks!!!...yuck, hope no one took their shoes off. :mrgreen:
Frank...made me do it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:25 pm

It was good fun and nice people. I went by train with a small suitcase with my Cheapo Chinese CD transport and mini matchbox DAC, that got a few people shaking their heads at how something so cheap could sound so good - reason you are being ripped off per usual. Also had a mini BMU which contributed as to how good the CD/DAC sounded, but didn't dem it separately or get to talk about it apart from to say what it is. I also took LS6 and SSP, the LS6 murdered the in house cable, Van Damme I think into horrible Usher speakers (why the feck do people like them) they drove me out of the room until we changed the cable to LS6, then at least I could stay in the room with them.

Amp was good and valve, forget the name but they were 845s, quite musical. Townsend Rock TT, nice but the belt warbled like all belt drives and irritated me like mad. Then a Pioneer DD went on, one of their top ones from the 80's was dropped in, and even though IMO the arm was not set up right, it was better and clearer and more note stable than the Rock.

I hardly looked in the other room so cannot comment. Most time I sat in the garden sunning and drinking tea and beer and putting the world to rights. Laughing at the forum arses, which who and where was generally completely agreed with, including some Wigwam Mods.

Sadly I wont be attending anymore as I cannot post to arrange it as my posts at Wigwam are now restricted and moderated, and I will not put up with it so wont post. They have asked for NVA gear to review in their new gear review section, can you imagine the fecking cheek of that, insult me with one hand and ask me to help with the other, they were told politely to feck off.

Anyway I am not banned there, but maybe will be after this post. I have banned them from me, I will have nothing to do with them while these restrictions are in place, and ego and the desire of some of them to get rid of me means the restriction will stay - so au revoir Wigwam.,

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:16 am

Wigwam are their own worst enemy, I have found by talking there and seeing the level of expertise (or should say ignorance), having witnessed it at a bake-off, even though as a social event it is good and important for members. But is Wigwam primarily for social interface or for musical and hi-fi discussion to break through all the bullshit to find their music - it seems not. They don't want correct information, they want their members left in ignorance to stare at ridiculous adverts for overpriced trash.

So who is to blame well obviously Peter is responsible for the site and what it looks like and how it work, yes it is irritating and a PITA but he has to try and make money from it so I can put up with it. What I cannot put up with is the mods, they are a joke. With the pissed stained blanket in charge it was impossible, with no one in charge (it seems) there are guys trying to change it for the better and eeediots who just hanker for the old days when they could just bully members at will. Sadly the guys who want the future like Rabski are being voted down as it seems the mods now act on a voting basis, there are still more arses than good guys there sadly.

Peter still needs to make a complete clear out of the arses, as it stands the only option I see is to give the admin to Rabski and hope he can sort it. There is still too much behind the scenes influence coming from Audio Abattoir, that is obvious. They even create their own trolls, Black Beard was created there for example.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:30 am

I suspect that the problematic mods are bitter and upset about their buddies departing when it was decided to lift the bans.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:37 am

It is a boiling pot of internal politics and pretend agreement ATM. Ban removals are part of it, but the worst bit is this desire to bring back the old Wam. For most of us it was a feckin' horrible place, but as a private club for the bullies and self appointed gurus now at Audio Abattoir it was great. But for the hobby that was about as much good as a one legged donkey on Blackpool Beach. There are guys with far more expertise now on the outside at AA, but most of them have got so far up their own arses as to be no use to anyone, closed minds, and over inflated egos rule.

Wigwam STILL has the potential to be the best of the lot in forum terms, it has changed for the better, it needs to change some more.

It is I, Leclerc
Great Britain

Unread post by It is I, Leclerc » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:39 am

Compared to the way it was a few weeks back it seems pretty quiet at the moment, but I'm not in the same position as you Doc. No doubt there are those there that will try and rock the mataphorical boat, but only time will tell, and they'll undoubtedly be shown the door (again) if they do. Letting a small group run amok at the expense of other members isn't really a good business model. Allowing it to return to days gone by would be fiscal suicide as I'm sure whoever makes up the current admin is/are well aware. I can't help but think that the new member influx from WHF will have their own influence and an entirely different HFWW will develop over time. Either way we shall see what the future holds :)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:00 am

Sadly they have driven me out so I cannot contribute to that change.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:23 pm

WAM has certainly got quieter in the past couple of weeks and I think this has much to do with the mods getting wise to the sock puppets.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.