The New Wigwam

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: The New Wigwam

Unread post by savvypaul » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:23 am

"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:40 am

It went funny for while as a piss take of 13th note and the devil, but now they are being poked a bit again by me and getting all sensitive. I think we have said here all along the thing we are really jealous of is the social / bake-off atmosphere and actions, other forums just don't get it, sadly in the old days being polluted by revolving around an in crowd, it seems more open and inclusive now, definitely a good thing. The *know it all bullies* have gone off to just play with themselves at Audio Abattoir. Sadly skill and experience is lost, but their attitude is taken somewhere else which is good.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:48 am

It has been moved and I had to log in to find it.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:59 am

If I can't find a particular thread then I click on the profile of someone who I know has contributed to the thread.

Then, click into the thread from their recent activity list.

Hope this helps.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:14 pm

savvypaul wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:59 am
If I can't find a particular thread then I click on the profile of someone who I know has contributed to the thread.

Then, click into the thread from their recent activity list.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. I have been doing this but have not needed to log in previously.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:31 pm

Let me present a case to you as there seems to be no logic or sense at Wigwam, which makes me think it is a Mod scam (some of them) to get rid of me.

Wigwam AUP - ELECTRICAL SAFETY
No posts will be allowed that encourage or suggest any modifications to mains electrical wiring, including but not limited to fuses, cables, connectors, etc. No posts will be allowed that suggest in any manner working on installed mains supplies. Posts in the DIY section assume other members have a reasonable knowledge of electrical safety, but equally any posts promoting or suggesting any potentially dangerous act will be removed.
*********************************************************************************************************************

Now people have been posting about hum and noise on phono stages which I have been trying to help them with. One of the possible causes of noise is an old 13 amp wall socket where the wires have become loose (this also can be dangerous for house fire as well). It seems telling someone to turn off their mains and tighten up the screws is against THEIR (Wigwam) laws if not against normal people laws, nor the UK safety laws, as it is listed as a repair people can do without a electrician to sign it off or be present.

So I have been given 10 points against me (whatever that means) and disciplined. I really don't think I can be bothered with this stooopidity, when someone who is trying to help another member is "disciplined" it seems against logic to me.

I am not going to post there until this is cleared up as I operate as a person by common sense and UK law, not this daftness.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:54 pm

Not everything revolves around you. It is simply the case that they are ultra cautions when it come to lecy
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:50 pm

What does that mean DQ, do you really think that and that is why I write, then we will fall out. I am talking about basic justice, and it is being bent and is biased per usual.

Do you forget I said I was helping someone, how does that revolve around me. Stop the bloody insults. Plus what is hi-lighted is ad hominem, no strike this time, once more and there will be one.

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:26 am

So who is this Pig Of A Man then, who's just signed up today to post this...?

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/1291 ... nt-2281964
P20 + A30 + LS3 + SC + Squeezebox Touch + Yiang Sheng DAC-01A + Onkyo C-S5VL CD Player + Synology DS118 NAS + Cubettes sat on top of 70cm Atacama stands

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:50 am

Time will tell. Let’s see what else he contributes