The New Wigwam

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: The New Wigwam

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:20 pm

What seriously pisses me off is that some people see us as creating the conflict there, are they thick, we are purely reactionary, all the creation comes from him. You would have to be seriously thick not to see it. Just had a PM exchange with someone there accusing me of bringing old conflicts to Wigwam, FFS I don't know who he is, I am leaning towards a person but that guy has been so nice and friendly I really cannot believe it is him, but there are some strange people about. Then I get the usual crap of "I like the idea of NVA but I won't buy because of you". Again do these people really think it bothers me, do they really think I am crawling up arses to get sales at Wigwam. IF I get precisely no sales from Wigwam I will be perfectly happy, I have plenty of orders and business to have to put up with that shite. I am at Wigwam to get my voice back where it had been banned NOTHING MORE.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:25 pm

CN211276 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:14 pm
I have had a post removed for suggesting his puppet master is a dealer. That would explain a lot. They make a killing on cables, hence all his :Bllocks: about NVA cables. They also have a huge margin on Naim amps, say no more. His poke at Chord Electronics is also a pointer as their DACs wipe the floor with Naim in the same way as NVA amps wipe the floor with Naim amps at a fraction of the cost. In the wider context he would be frightened by the NVA direct selling model catching on. Let's face it, dealers are having a hard time and are being exposed by EWOTW.
Perhaps you could try providing evidence for your 'suggestion'. Or not phrase it as an absolute.

btw Chord has a very different ethos and business model to NVA.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:28 pm

David Brook wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:16 pm
savvypaul wrote:
David Brook wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:12 pm
Rip Off Audio, started by a normal person who I have met called George, I have never read so much claptrap in my entire existence, is this what Peter really wants the forum to become?
At the moment, he just wants numbers...it is basic survival mentality.
Yes but people have tried to monetize the forum and failed, its lost its way and needs to be either radically changed or closed!
Clear thinking is rare under such circumstances...
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

joe
Great Britain

Unread post by joe » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

The problem is that audio/hifi is a small (and shrinking) hobby, and forum members represent a small proportion of those interested in that hobby, so people who have been banned from forum A will take their grudge to forum B, and so on. Add to that some professional stirrers who by their own admission just want to cause trouble, and a 'clean sheet' is impossible.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:30 pm

Dave I see a compromise point where he can make a living and keep everyone happy.

ATM Wigwam is the only forum that could do this - A forum attached to a purely hi-fi version of ebay with a loan scheme attached, I think it would work, and hopefully bring all side into it without conflict. Direct sellers, retailers, manufacturers, second hand. At the moment he can't get it out of his head that he can pull in advertising like they did in the old days with mags - those days are gone. You have constant running ads there do you see much business from it, I am sure far more comes from ebay, and far more from your website on its own without forum promotion. But he is stubborn and thinks he knows everything about on-line business and get quite upset with me when I disagree with him.

We will always disagree with things in this hobby but there is a come together point for all of us, there must be, otherwise we just ague while the hobby dies.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:05 am

savvypaul wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:25 pm
CN211276 wrote:
I have had a post removed for suggesting his puppet master is a dealer. That would explain a lot. They make a killing on cables, hence all his :Bllocks: about NVA cables. They also have a huge margin on Naim amps, say no more. His poke at Chord Electronics is also a pointer as their DACs wipe the floor with Naim in the same way as NVA amps wipe the floor with Naim amps at a fraction of the cost. In the wider context he would be frightened by the NVA direct selling model catching on. Let's face it, dealers are having a hard time and are being exposed by EWOTW.
Perhaps you could try providing evidence for your 'suggestion'. Or not phrase it as an absolute.

I am looking for a motive. He is certainly obsessed and financial is a possibility with dealers falling by the way side.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:35 am

CN211276 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:05 am
savvypaul wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:25 pm
CN211276 wrote:

I am looking for a motive. He is certainly obsessed and financial is a possibility with dealers falling by the way side.
It's the internet. It'll be someone who has been told that they are wrong...

HiFi Foo Fight Blog

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:02 am

Pete is creating a lot of work for the mods with the leniency with regard to bans for the purpose of generating activity and advertising revenue. It seems the recent troll NVA thread has been removed. The Black Beard puppet has boarded the show thread along with his arse licking fruitcake who is donning the pirate bay on hi s own forum. :lol:
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:23 pm

Having been neutered by Rabski, BlackBeard is joining Audio Addicts.

A bit like having your show moved from 8pm on BBC1 to the 2am slot on Dave.

Expect plenty of repeats...

HiFi Foo Fight Blog

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:44 pm

Blackbeard was already on snakeoil.