The New Wigwam

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
alfer
Great Britain

Re: The New Wigwam

Unread post by alfer » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:28 pm

Eric Shun wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:43 pm
Right click on the link Mr After and select "Open in a New Tab" or "Open in a New Window" (depending on your browser ;)
Yes silly me, I'm just lazy. Thanks

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:15 pm

The Whatters are taking over from the Wammers. No one can now complain about lack of activity, that has shot up, where as the quality of it has shot down, bland and typical Whatters unless they are up for a fight.

Early days but fascinating to watch. Anyway one thing for certain is Wam is winning the competition for What members.

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:19 pm

I wonder what they see as their USP? Farts, Football, Food, Forewords, Spontaneous objections and an UAP

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:10 pm

Just came across the Doc's new cable review thread. I will soon be posting a review of my newly acquired TSCS here now burn in is complete. If I copy of over to Wam I'm sure I will be accused of shilling, especially given the timing.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P50SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:17 pm

Then don't copy across, make it general on how cables have helped you progress your system. Remember we are up against a lot of cable dissers over there. So less about NVA but of course you have to say so. More about cables in general - sorry more work if you want to do it.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:56 am

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:17 pm
Then don't copy across, make it general on how cables have helped you progress your system. Remember we are up against a lot of cable dissers over there. So less about NVA but of course you have to say so. More about cables in general - sorry more work if you want to do it.
This has been picked up by Cartman who sees more conspiracies than Trump. :lol: There is a thread on the Chord Qutest which I have commented on because I think it is excellent. I mentioned how it has improved since my purchase of TSCS. This means i am on the payroll of Chord as well as NVA. :lol: :lol:
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P50SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:17 am

It is only NVA that is turned on - I wonder why.

I copied part of your review across because it is all about the music as a sample, removed all mention of nva or tscs and it has still been binned, all the usual trolls and stalkers joined in. So my remaining thread posts now make no sense so I will remove them.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:32 am

CN211276 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:56 am
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:17 pm
This has been picked up by Cartman who sees more conspiracies than Trump. :lol: There is a thread on the Chord Qutest which I have commented on because I think it is excellent. I mentioned how it has improved since my purchase of TSCS. This means i am on the payroll of Chord as well as NVA. :lol: :lol:
Rightly or wrongly, there are a lot of people who have been waiting for an opportunity to have a pop at HFS. If members here use the EOTW threads to accuse others of shilling and spamming (or to direct personal comments about e.g. appearance) then they shouldn't be surprised if they are 'jumped on' when they post at other forums.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:57 am

That is not true Savvy, the people at Wigwam doing it have never come under our comments, not one of them that I know of. Anyway this is a bit pot calling as your blog shows. We have a specific thread for it, and it is mostly in reaction, it only initiates if it is something daft and stoopid or illegal like those fuses. At Wigwam it is any post I make, every single one has been jumped on. The mods tried in the beginning to stop it but now it is being given free reign and I am told to stop complaining about it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:04 am

It is a game to hound me off or get me banned, it is the same game that has been played at every forum I have joined and been banned from, at PFM where it probably lasted the longest and in the end TonyL just said "I really don't care who is right, it is aimed at you so if I ban you it stops" and the trolls win, same at TAS. AoS was different there it was the owner who was the troll.