Audio Abattoir

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: Audio Abattoir

Unread post by terrybooth » Wed May 04, 2016 7:43 pm

antonio66 wrote:Jammy, you must have read my book 'How to make Friend and Influence People'. :grin: I believe you're still wanted on here though. :whistle:
I think Dale Carnegie might have something to say about that.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_ ... nce_People
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Mu5e ... xfbm8/view :grin:
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro two-up

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 » Wed May 04, 2016 7:50 pm

I did think that Tel......But then thought wait a minute Ants title is somewhat subtly different....... :guiness;

"How to make Friend and influence people" :lol:
Last edited by jammy395 on Wed May 04, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth » Wed May 04, 2016 7:51 pm

jammy395 wrote:I did think that Tel......But then thought wait a minute Ants title is somewhat subtly different....... :guiness;

"How to make Friend and influence people" :lol:
Ah. Obviously a much less ambitious work. :grin:
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro two-up

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 » Wed May 04, 2016 7:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Indeed :guiness;

Cloth-Ears

Unread post by Cloth-Ears » Sun May 08, 2016 8:26 pm

I tried being cheeky, as Wigwam banee a long time before and definitely not in favour with many key AA people, to join that forum in its very early days, under different names. They let me for a bit but were just playing and seemed to delight in getting rid, I think it was three times. The forum was hosted on a different platform initially and the changeover was effectively one of my exits.

I was certainly curious initially, - enough to join and see what they were saying. Not that I was impressed by the form of it in software terms. The newer host was supposed to be better but I think it is pants.

As for the content, I have been describing it as Twitter - like. Very little substance. Lots of swearing and laddishness is not going to capture the spirit of the original Wigwam. What they have been doing on AA and still today, is rubbish. Even if they were to let me in, I wouldn't want it.

I am also disgusted by some of the impatient, entitled and abusive comments made there by certain members regarding the Wigwam siutuation, the recent owners and even the long standing Wigwam mods who came in for unwarranted, unfair abuse.

I'm really not impressed by Audio Abattoir or some of the horrible characters I am glad now to not be involved with.
The REAL Cloth-Ears.
Beware of imposters ( who deserve to be stung to death by hornets )

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:21 pm

AA seems to be in doledrums [ probably because the biglemonoski is still a member ] and they are discsussing ways to make it more viable and perhaps organise a new scalfold . It would seem Donald Trump is a member and he as come up with this suggestion

"Can we hire a bunch of prostitutes to piss on an NVA amp?"

I presume they want an nva amp because the high gloss mirror like finish of the Perspex will give an all round view ;)

not sure the warranty covers prostitute piss.
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:39 pm

Well it is pretty predictable. Wigwam arses with Wigwam = failure and Wigwam without Wigwam arses = failure - sadly.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:19 pm

A conversation :roll: I have had today with the owner of Audio Abattoir. I joined and asked for a link and inf on why I was being accused of having amps that catch fire. The thread and post was removed within 5 minutes. So I asked why, here is the response.

NVA
I started a thread with a question that has been bothering me for a while as to why people here keep referring to nva amps catching fire. As I know of no occasion this has happened I have asked to be linked to it.

It seems the thread has been removed, can you explain why

browellmI
Haven't a clue.

NVA
Can I put it up again.

browellmI
It's a meme, Richard. Designed to get a rise out of you.

Why bother?

NVA
Well #1 it is not true, #2 it is libel, but that is no threat #3 I would like to answer it #4 it still doesn't explain who took it down and why. AND if I put it back up will it be taken down again.

browellmI
#1 Not arsed.
#2 Not arsed.
#3 Not arsed.
#4 Not arsed.

NVA
AND if I put it back up will it be taken down again.

yep.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:32 pm

After being told off for posting it here I am banned (for the second time) - Account suspended until November 22, 2290: Reason - Deranged, shit-flinging gibbon.

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:50 pm

Only another 73 years and you're back in there Doc. :dance: Seriously, what a complete arsehole, and that is why I never go on that site.