What Hi-fi forum

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Frasernash

Re: What Hi-fi forum

Unread post by Frasernash » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:08 pm

Daniel Quinn wrote:funniest thing about that is " you can't polish a turd" - "stop being racist" " Its polish not Polish" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and lyndsey are you not being a bit harsh , I can accept that DM10@S will be shit , but how do you know lucky lion is telling lies , he may just be a deluded idiot .
Maybe he just likes them after all it is subjective and Lindsay did compare at a bake off and they had to hold there own against very good rivals so they cant be all bad
lots of similar speakers you buy in HiFi shops would have faired far worse.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:28 pm

There is no maybe about it , it is bloody obvious he likes them ;)
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Simon Hickie
Great Britain

Unread post by Simon Hickie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:05 pm

Hmm: "an eighth-order Linkwitz-Riley crossover network (LR8) handing over at 2kHz" rings immediate alarm bells even if it is of the active variety. Decades in IT taught me that modularity rather than monolithic one box solutions is the path towards more manageable systems. I even presented a seminar at Sunderland Polytechnic (as was) more than 25 years ago on 'HiFi and the Art of System Building' to staff and students in the School of Maths and Computing.
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” George Bernard Shaw.

Lindsayt
Marshall Islands

Unread post by Lindsayt » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:24 pm

There isn't half a load of negative vibes going round.

luckylion100 doesn't like me for me the way I talk about AVI - even though I strive to be as honest and open as I can.

avole doesn't like me being an active participant of this forum.

And I don't like luckylion100 for publishing lies about me and then failing to apologise for it.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Fair enough , I knew there must be a history I didn't appreciate , which is why I asked a question not made a statement .
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Lindsayt
Marshall Islands

Unread post by Lindsayt » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Avole, I do not agree that Hi-fi Subjectivist is the "most disgusting of the hi-fi forums".

You are, of course welcome to put forward an argument as to why you feel this way.

I predict that the reasons you'd give would be from misunderstandings or through seeing this forum through the most negatively tinted glasses.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:38 pm

He used to be here, we took the piss out of him.

This is the picture we used for him A Vole, so sweet :mrgreen:

joe
Great Britain

Unread post by joe » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:20 pm

Daniel Quinn wrote:funniest thing about that is " you can't polish a turd" - "stop being racist" " Its polish not Polish" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and lyndsey are you not being a bit harsh , I can accept that DM10@S will be shit , but how do you know lucky lion is telling lies , he may just be a deluded idiot .
Amusingly, had this chap made his claim about AVI speakers here, no-one would be allowed to challenge him, as 'here we do not allow people to challenge what people hear'. (FWIW I've never heard any AVI speakers, and the AVI forum is the only one from which I'm banned).

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:36 pm

We can dissagree, and we do. It is challenges, such comments as "you are a thick eared brainless eeediot of enormous proportions if you like them" that are frowned upon (normally) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lindsayt
Marshall Islands

Unread post by Lindsayt » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:36 pm

Avole's 4 posts on this forum can be read here: search.php?author_id=28033&sr=posts

His posts were so wide of the mark that they deserved all the piss that was taken of them.