How many hi-fi forums have you been banned from?

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: How many hi-fi forums have you been banned from?

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:39 am

Temp bans don't count.

jandl100

Unread post by jandl100 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:42 am

Yep, that's reasonable - I voted 0.
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, Restek Challenger power amp section. Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core DSP / pre /DAC, Pioneer DV-737 (CDT), Laptop (TIDAL hirez), Technics SL-150ii AT-1010 arm / VdH-Asak, Jasmine LP2.0ii 'stage, Lentek MC stepup. Wires - Epiphany Acoustics Atratus 3, Virtue Audio Nirvana, Nordost Magus.
Mains regen: AG1500

joe
Great Britain

Unread post by joe » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:53 am

alfer wrote:
joe wrote:Just the one; what is now the AVI forum, can't remember its previous name. I don't know why I was banned; no warning, no explanation, my posting rights were removed and I was blocked from even viewing the form. A year or so later, with the ban still in place, the forum admin bloke emailed me asking me to vote for AVI in a WhatHiFi poll!

Oh, and Steve Toy banned me from AoS for a week for posting a link to a Monty Python sketch.
Which sketch was it that riled "he who would educate" others?
The Spanish Inquisition one. IIRC, someone posted a report from a hifi show, Steve Toy responded with a list of questions as long as your arm, the OP replied, 'Blimey, I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition' (or word to that effect) and I posted a link to the sketch.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:47 am

Wow 24 Voters and no less than 20 Ban's.................... :o

They just dont understand us. :snooty:

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:03 am

joe wrote:
alfer wrote:
joe wrote:Just the one; what is now the AVI forum, can't remember its previous name. I don't know why I was banned; no warning, no explanation, my posting rights were removed and I was blocked from even viewing the form. A year or so later, with the ban still in place, the forum admin bloke emailed me asking me to vote for AVI in a WhatHiFi poll!

Oh, and Steve Toy banned me from AoS for a week for posting a link to a Monty Python sketch.
Which sketch was it that riled "he who would educate" others?
The Spanish Inquisition one. IIRC, someone posted a report from a hifi show, Steve Toy responded with a list of questions as long as your arm, the OP replied, 'Blimey, I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition' (or word to that effect) and I posted a link to the sketch.
I guess ST is just like everyone else - nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:13 pm

You lot tell me I'm too objectivist and absolute, yet would you believe that on the AVI forum, I've been threatened with bans because I'm too subjective and challenge their rigid marketing beliefs in the overwhelming superiority of active speaker systems and also have had a sarcastic response from the main man on the HUG because I said I thought the Devialet sounded like an Albarry (therefore suggesting that these two makes sound different or better than other amps). I give up, I really do...
...I have renounced the worldly bustle and live in peace at a quiet place,
I live alone in this my heaven, in my love (and) in my songs.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:32 pm

Don't give up, face reality. That reality is people use forums because they have an axe to grind and if you don't agree with them then obviously they will try to put you down. The answer is if you KNOW you are honest and right in your information then ferk them, let them do what they want. THAT is the only reason I am banned from so many forums is that I stand my ground when I know I am right. For me my forum bans are a badge of honour.

I still say THIS is the only forum you will get honest and accurate information on. Look at the cable saga I am commenting at AoS at the moment, ignorant idiots leading other ignorant idiots to more ignorance, how can they consider themselves an information point. :roll:

joe
Great Britain

Unread post by joe » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:33 pm

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:You lot tell me I'm too objectivist and absolute, yet would you believe that on the AVI forum, I've been threatened with bans because I'm too subjective and challenge their rigid marketing beliefs in the overwhelming superiority of active speaker systems and also have had a sarcastic response from the main man on the HUG because I said I thought the Devialet sounded like an Albarry (therefore suggesting that these two makes sound different or better than other amps). I give up, I really do...
You should be more rude and forthright, that way you'd get banned and not have to worry any more about converting those with deeply-held, indeed quasi-religious beliefs. Personally, I'm unfailingly polite and charming, plus I know almost nothing so am happy to accept that I might be, and probably am, incorrect in my opinions.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:09 pm

I hope I haven't put Andrew off posting here. I only speak from personal experiences and if they differ, I'm always keen to find out why. Not to criticise or put the other party down, but to find out why our opinions differ... I haven't had an ego for many years FFS (at least since I married and certainly not since our son came along - HE'S number 1 around here and I've had to learn to like it or lump it :lol:)
...I have renounced the worldly bustle and live in peace at a quiet place,
I live alone in this my heaven, in my love (and) in my songs.

joe
Great Britain

Unread post by joe » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:31 pm

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:I hope I haven't put Andrew off posting here. I only speak from personal experiences and if they differ, I'm always keen to find out why. Not to criticise or put the other party down, but to find out why our opinions differ... I haven't had an ego for many years FFS (at least since I married and certainly not since our son came along - HE'S number 1 around here and I've had to learn to like it or lump it :lol:)
I have a HUGE ego, but not about hifi, where I'm just a clueless punter.