The Audio Standard Forum.

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Re: The Audio Standard Forum.

Unread post by SteveTheShadow » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:39 am

This is pathetic.
Would, for example a manufacturer such as KEF, stoop to prising say, B&W speakers apart with crowbars, then start dissing them on forums? I think not.
These people need to grow up if they are going to play with the big boys. :lol:
If you are going to manufacture goods, you don't play these sorts of games.
Last edited by SteveTheShadow on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
DIY NVA amplification ( roughly equivalent to NVA A60) BTE Designs passive preamp, BTE Designs Lenco L75 turntable, Rega R200 arm, Goldring E3 cartridge, NVA Phono 1
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC, AppleTV4 with Apple Music subscription, ripped CDs streamed via WD MyCloud Home Duo NAS, with PLEX media server.
Speakers - Large sealed cabs, with Fane 12-250-TC 12" full range drivers.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:42 am

Pianist~Envy wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:29 am
IP lookup can be inaccurate depending on database retrieval and ISP.

I've seen Shepherds Bush for this one, but equally also Warrington. I don't know if that makes it more legitimate for you.
Yes, I can also get Warrington from one look up site.

Oliver lives and works in Wolverhampton.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:55 am

I quote.

By finding IP address of yourself or a person you wish to lookup, the geolocation lookup tool provide you with an estimate of where this IP address is located. The companies requiring IP addresses obtain and register them with ARIN, and those IP addresses obtained are assigned to their users and customers. Internet Service Providers (ISPs) assign a dynamic IP address to a user when their customers connect to the Internet. Since a company may be located throughout a large region (or a country), the accuracy of geolocation may vary depending on how they assign them to their users.

What makes more difficulty is the IP addresses maintained by cell phone providers. As cell phones roaming around cell towers, they obtain new IP address as users move. The wireless telephony providers service their users nationally, and the pool of IP addresses used doesn't necessarily provide accurate geolocation. So, how accurate is IP Location?

Obviously not at all accurate when it comes to mobile accounts, the phone could be anywhere.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:57 am

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:47 am
Well the information provided was "I am Polish and now live in UK" obviously not good enough.

But he has made a serious error in signing up here, he calls himself alb yet his email address listed here is o.lockley@protonmail.com so it turns out somethingfunny is in fact Bigboy using a glove puppet.

So now we see the games being played and the honesty involved with these two. It also shows the level of intelligence we are dealing with - to actually give me his real email address :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i wish in a way I had noticed earlier, but at least he now has exposed himself for who and what he is, and more importantly as a liar.
This shows that he fell for my wind up post about gate crashing the bake off. :lol:
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:03 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:55 am
I quote.

By finding IP address of yourself or a person you wish to lookup, the geolocation lookup tool provide you with an estimate of where this IP address is located. The companies requiring IP addresses obtain and register them with ARIN, and those IP addresses obtained are assigned to their users and customers. Internet Service Providers (ISPs) assign a dynamic IP address to a user when their customers connect to the Internet. Since a company may be located throughout a large region (or a country), the accuracy of geolocation may vary depending on how they assign them to their users.

What makes more difficulty is the IP addresses maintained by cell phone providers. As cell phones roaming around cell towers, they obtain new IP address as users move. The wireless telephony providers service their users nationally, and the pool of IP addresses used doesn't necessarily provide accurate geolocation. So, how accurate is IP Location?

Obviously not at all accurate when it comes to mobile accounts, the phone could be anywhere.
Correct
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:03 pm

So obvious that this is a planned cross forum hatchet job against the Phono 2, instigated by Fierybum, Bigboy and the glove puppet. :lol: it has not done their rival products any good.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:35 pm

Jammy is complaining about 'NVA fanboys'. Maybe, this sort of thing..?

Re: JAMMYS NVA REPORT.
Post by jammy395 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:18 am

Fuk it - Still wee pics..... :oops: :oops:

On with my report....Will keep it simple cause i aint a reviewer.

Well new kit arrived safe and sound ( PHONO 2 - A60 STEREO AMP - LS6 CABLES )
Kicked off by swapping my trusty SONNETEER SEDLEY PHONO for the NVA PHONO 2 the results were a revelation......Clarity.
Next slotted in the A60 to drive my tweeters (A70 MONOS - Driving bass) wow just so much more music..................Space.
And lastly swapped my B&Q off the real speaker cable for LS6 (Bi-Amped) This was a bloody show stopper..............Information.

New system components seem to realy gel well together SYNERGY.
Ive had many hifi components since the hifi bug bit 35 years ago (too many to list) and without wishing to swell Mr Dunns head i can honestly say that
discovering NVA this year has been a godsend.

Best bangs for yer buck audio components in the world....Bar none.

Rock on Doc.

Jammy.

:clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:

HiFi Foo Fight Blog

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:03 pm

They will now go quiet and pretend it hasn't happened and perhaps it will go away. Same after Uddersfield bake-off and Bigboy was caught out lying - seems to be a habit.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:20 pm

IP ADDRESSES SOMETHINGFUNNY HAS POSTED FROM and quantity from each one.

46.233.77.46 (Look up IP) 6
109.157.204.221 (Look up IP) 5
92.40.248.7 (Look up IP) 5
94.197.120.53 (Look up IP) 5
94.197.121.214 (Look up IP) 5
86.143.58.60 (Look up IP) 4
92.40.248.120 (Look up IP) 3
92.40.248.81 (Look up IP) 3
92.40.249.86 (Look up IP) 3
94.197.120.73 (Look up IP)

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:39 pm

Much as I don't always agree with Richards "ways", I find it reprehensible that Biggy and Firebottle have to resort to these kind of tactics.

VERY POOR SHOW. :evil: