The Audio Standard Forum.

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
wiicrackpot

Re: The Audio Standard Forum.

Unread post by wiicrackpot » Sat May 12, 2018 9:15 pm

Must admit i always had a love for big american amps and speakers i couldn't afford,
stems from when i was a subscriber of Stereophile and The Absolute Sound,
compare to the likes of Mark Levinson,Audio Research,Krell, Threshold etc...
stuff from U.K. look and fells like shed built.
Frank...made me do it.

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Wed May 16, 2018 7:09 am

Meanwhile, Biggys/AoS phono bake off hijacking chickens have come home to roost on The Audio Snooze. Well done to Mr Whippy for highlighting the pathetic game playing going on:

http://theaudiostandard.net/thread/4096 ... lTo=124576

As for Biggys claims that the circling of the coaches was “made unanimously to hold this bakeoff in RD's absence” that would only be the case if Biggy, Pakka Macca, Fireybum and Marco were the sole arbiters of what/who can attend. We all know that things would be completely different if more people were asked what phono stages they’d want to hear :naughty:
Read all about it on The Cloak Online
https://thecloakonline.blogspot.com

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:02 am

Unanimous decision :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why can't they just stand up to Il Duce and get banned like everyone else with balls.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed May 16, 2018 8:37 am

It's only a bake-off...
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Hemmo1969
Great Britain

Unread post by Hemmo1969 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 am

savvypaul wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:37 am
It's only a bake-off...
Tell Mary Berry that :o :o

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed May 16, 2018 10:17 am

So who is Mr Whippy, do we know him. At last someone apart from here is pointing at the ludicrous reality of the process. But I am not sure there will be much sympathy or back -up. Remember TAS put in an equally stooopid block on me and our forum members for ASBO.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed May 16, 2018 10:48 am

Bigboy - "If the owner was to moderate his online behaviour in such a way that didn't display sub-human mentality and attitude"

I think this is just a copy across because The Elephant in the room displays sub human qualities. I am at a loss where mine are. I would be very happy to be told where my sub humanness is and in what deeds and words.

If people don't want to be with me they stay away, that is normal, if a bit extreme, as does anyone seriously think that beyond a handful of people that I recognise that I know who is who. I don't suddenly start taking the piss out of what looks like strangers :lol: . No it is a ploy, part of the game that is being played out.

Life is so simple, you don't like someone, then ignore them unless they deserve the piss being taken. AND in this case give up and learn when to stop digging.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed May 16, 2018 11:17 am

There is no good reason to ban Richard from a bake-off. Those who object to his presence should either get over it or not attend.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed May 16, 2018 11:38 am

It is all Marco and nothing but Marco, his pages long PMs, his manipulation. We are open in taking the piss out of him which = honesty. He is all in the shadows playing out his agenda and games. This event is just one of them, he seems to be not involved :roll:

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed May 16, 2018 11:49 am

Many have sided with Marco because of their own insecurities...I doubt he needs to put much effort into achieving his desired result.

However, he and they have made a misjudgement on this occasion.

Any rational observer can see how this one has played out.

MCRU is right. It only needs everyone to act like grown ups.

HiFi Foo Fight Blog