The Audio Standard Forum.

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: The Audio Standard Forum.

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:08 pm

Don't forget the wooden boxes with a couple of passive components in them for £700 - yummu yummy slurp slurp, where is all that lovely profit, like taking candy from a baby.

Lupus-Dei

Unread post by Lupus-Dei » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:13 pm

Are you refering to the wooden boxes full of various earths Richard ? Entreq, I really cannot get my head around that one, even if they actually do anything why so expensive ? If more Earthing is required why not simply rumen an extra line from the equipment chassis to a close by earthing point in the room.
Last edited by Lupus-Dei on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:18 pm

Feck me is that them :shock: more complete bullshit, now Sweden, how many more are going to join the the daft product slurp. Can't anyone design anything real now-a-days.

http://www.entreq.com/products/ground-boxes-17667704

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:30 pm

SR do grounding boxes too. A plain instrument case similar that used in other products and a drilled copper? bar on top into which you plug little earth leads attached to all the rest of your kit -

http://www.synergisticresearch.com/acce ... -block-se/

There may well be a case for best earthing practise as the haphazard way its possibly done on domestic stereos may well cause some issues, but I'm sure you don't need to spend hundreds of dollars to do it.

The speaker boxes are these -

http://www.spec-corp.co.jp/e/audio/RSP-901EX/

Maybe the amp does see an easier load, but a good solid state amp should be pretty immune to speaker loading variations I'd have thought. Amps with low damping factors might possibly benefit though as the response and crossovers in complex speakers attached to them will alter, but most solid state amps have good damping factors? and a speaker is affected around 1/4db tops according to Stereophile reviews (look at what a valve amp does to a modern speaker these days - it's horrifying - and audible) - Here's a truly bad-un to show what happens in the absolute worst case -

https://www.stereophile.com/content/pri ... asurements

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:43 pm

FFS !!!
Heavily modified LP12, Sole VIII sub-chassis, "In Sole" advanced polymer suspension, Ai bearing, PU7, DV20X2, Norton Airpower clone. Technics SL110A, AT 1005, Denon DL301A. NVA Phono 2 MC (2 power supplies), NVA P50 SA, NVA A40 Mk1 power amps, custom birch ply Allison 6/NVA Cube 1 clones, NVA TIS mk2 , SSC, LS6.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:54 pm

I really don't know how we can counter this complete bullshit slurp that is taking over a large fringe of our hobby. I would have thought we were more intelligent than to fall for this, or are so many of us becoming senile. There have always been eeeeeeeeeeeediots in out hobby, it seems to attract them like train spotting, but are there enough to sustain a slurp like this. The profit margins are so massive and out of all logical proportion it may be that is the case.

We need to be diligent here, and as we have EWOTW we also need to be diligent about this and search them out, point at them, put clowns heads on them and take the piss. I see no other way of dealing with them. Remember what we are about though, if someone wants to make something that seems nutty and give it away or at a "real" price we should live and let live, maybe even try them. BUT the criminal rip-offs need to be shown up.

We need a room for them as they are taking over EWOTW, but I can't think of a name for it. Foo has too many connotations with the objectivists, and we don't want to become them, our ears are still our judge. Mine would be (IN)FAMOUS SLURPS.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:59 pm

I didn't think Martin was getting the fuses from MCRU. MCRU started the thread to draw attention to his product. It's possible he gets a discount but unless he admits it we don't know. He certainly is entitled to a discount after buying so much foo from his pet dealer!

joe
Great Britain

Unread post by joe » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:21 pm

Daniel Quinn wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:40 pm
The only one of them that as legal credence is the allegation of defamation. Unfortunately he as made a vague accusation and I'm unfamiliar with the exchange. You will need to check if you have alleged he is making money from is relationship with mcru, me I don't recall you stating this.
Richard hasn't himself made such a claim, but someone in this thread has at least very strongly hinted at it. As Richard is the forum owner, he could be held responsible for publishing a libellous statement. I will leave it at that, as I am not a lawyer.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:41 pm

TAS is full of libelous comments about me, it goes back years. I have noticed nothing libelous from us, only fair comment so far. That is why I asked him to quote them, but per usual with these people they just want to fudge it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Gone quiet ain't they :roll:

:epopc: