The Audio Standard Forum.

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: The Audio Standard Forum.

Unread post by savvypaul » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:04 pm

CN211276 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:46 pm
In summary, Martin T lacks balls.
On reflection, no, not quite that. He might well be able to summon the balls (and the skill) to tackle bullying; but, as of now, he doesn't feel the need or see the 'win' in trying. There are plenty of people around him and across 'forum land' who are willing to go along with the idea that Doc is the problem.
"Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch, It generates a warmth around the ground that augurs well for mankind."

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:04 pm

Once again Martin T is lying about or at least twisting what I am saying. To turn it back on me. What I said was he wouldn't have THE POSSIBILITY of hearing anything better. I never said he was dissatisfied or that NVA would be better, no one knows how good or bad anything is until they listen to it. He has decided not to listen so he will never know.

Though can we trust his honesty to admit the truth if he did, in the past he has always been honest about what he heard with NVA, but these are new days, with him acting the lying arse, so all possibilities are now available.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:52 am

Martint is convinced what he hears is superior, that's the problem.
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:07 am

I think we all to a degree do that. It is the open mind that accepts the possibility that something could be better, that is what this hobby is about. The real daftness is to blank that possibility off. By banning me and refusing to change it he is blanking off a source that has proved in the past to do this for him and one other of the three blind mice. OK we tease them as the three blind mice, but deaf mice is another thing entirely.

I am not after Martins money the way his current slurping supplier is, I am after him correcting a miscarriage of justice that now goes back about 5 years. My only weapon is to ban him the same way as he has banned me, my only carrot (apart from fairness and the truth) is my product. I have explained fully why I am pursuing it, to make a point, and to give me a vehicle like Audio Talk serves as now to show that these attacks on my forum behaviour are complete bollocks, in fact it is the opposite *I* am the one who is the victim, where I was at fault if there was one was to respond and not just ignore it.

It has been proved at Audio Talk for example by the behaviour of Noddy, who also was doing the same thing at TAS. Attack after irritating attack until he realised it was making him look stupid, so it has stopped. It would be interesting to see if he started again at TAS if given the opportunity.

I am sure there is a campaign going on by the *usual* parties, who I am sure are reading this thread PM-ing Martin like mad trying to stop him backing down and doing the right thing. Same people who killed off the DSJR run loan scheme there.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:50 pm

Martint wants a quaint forum were all people do is exchange pleasantries , they don't learn anything that will challenge them.

The sooner you accept that the happier you will be.
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:58 pm

You should know me by now DQ, I am as happy in a war or a good on-line fight as I am being friendly and helpful. It is up to them which Dunn they get, not me.

In this case I see an advantage to both sides to bury the hatchet, so I try for it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:41 pm

Another example of the stupidity that goes on with this. Just found this at TAS while looking for a members name.

View Profile - richarddunnnva (richarddunnnva)
SummaryActivityFollowingFriendsGroupsGift
richarddunnnva Avatarricharddunnnva
* Username: richarddunnnva Last Online: yesterday at 3:40pm
Latest Status:
Date Registered: yesterday at 3:55pm

THIS IS NOT ME!!!!

slinger
Great Britain

Unread post by slinger » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:44 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:41 pm
Another example of the stupidity that goes on with this. Just found this at TAS while looking for a members name.

View Profile - richarddunnnva (richarddunnnva)
SummaryActivityFollowingFriendsGroupsGift
richarddunnnva Avatarricharddunnnva
* Username: richarddunnnva Last Online: yesterday at 3:40pm
Latest Status:
Date Registered: yesterday at 3:55pm

THIS IS NOT ME!!!!
And how many "Marco" incarnations have tried to sign up here? Probably the same people from the same forum as we usually blame.
Amps - NVA P50, A30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:58 pm

Agreed, and they are the people who ferment a lot of the forum problems. BUT Martin will probably think it is me as more illusionary justification for his attitude.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:41 pm

It is interesting that TAS and HFS are very similar in size and activity

Members TAS - 479 HFS - 596
Threads TAS - 3658 HFS - 3430
Posts TAS - 109760 HFS - 103166

Both PFM and AoS (especially PFM) are much larger. Wigwam claims to be as large but it is just bullshit as so many member have left or just ignore them now, so they are probably at our level or less now in reality.