The Audio Standard Forum.

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
CN211276
Wales

Re: The Audio Standard Forum.

Unread post by CN211276 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:55 pm

You are banging your head against a brick wall. The industry is rotten to the core and the UK forums with the exceptions of HFS and AT are controlled by the rip off interests and ego maniacs. All we can do is to continue to get under their skin by exposing and taking the piss. My 2018 predictions thread has been read a lot.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P50SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA LS6, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:38 pm

Tas is not like that. It is controlled only by it's owners, unfortunately they are disciples of the othordoxy
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:52 pm

There is a genuine truth in this DQ not a interpreted truth. I find no posts justifying me being booted = my truth, he says they exist = his interpretation of the truth. The truth is they don't exist as I keep asking to be shown them to be ignored. So the truth (in this matter) appears by default. They could for once in their stupid lives be honest and just say they don't want me, and they booted me because they don't like me or want me, then I would leave them alone. BUT as long as they continue to tell lies about me I will be up them anyway I can.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:56 pm

Imo ,judging by their standards and agenda ,you, Marco and I were booted fairly after an invitation to become a brain dead drone :grin:
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:03 pm

CN211276 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:55 pm
You are banging your head against a brick wall. The industry is rotten to the core and the UK forums with the exceptions of HFS and AT are controlled by the rip off interests and ego maniacs. All we can do is to continue to get under their skin by exposing and taking the piss. My 2018 predictions thread has been read a lot.
I really do not know what the motivation for this is at TAS. I obviously know the motivation for Wigwam, AoS and PFM and it is as per your description. I will never stop banging my head against their brick walls, especially as more and more people are seeing the truth and their lies and bullshit.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:04 pm

Daniel Quinn wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:56 pm
Imo ,judging by their standards and agenda ,you, Marco and I were booted fairly after an invitation to become a brain dead drone :grin:
But I don't see your booting being lied about like mine is as justification for their daft behaviour.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:11 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:23 pm
I am so fed up of lies being told about me.

THE TRUTH - I tell the truth about the history of this industry - I tell the truth about the rip-off and show what things should cost - I point at the rip-off merchants - I help people who have been banned and hurt by forums - I give correct information and correct forum fairy tales, memes, and folklaw with THE TRUTH, etc etc you can see it all here at this forum.

So it is the crooks, the supporters of the rip off companies, the egotists who create the problems by attacking me. There is no ad hominem rules on other forums so it is open season on me until it ends up ME being banned - ludicrous.

If the likes of Martin T did his job properly there would be no problem, it is that simple, but it seems the stupid games have to go on, and on and on and o....................
Managing human behaviour effectively, and even-handedly, is a skill. When there is bullying and conflict, the level of skill required is increased. There are not many, in any walk of life, that can pull it off. "If only the person being bullied would stop complaining" is the typical resort of the unskilled. Not usually worded quite that way, but amounting to the same thing.

I don't 'know' Martin T but I read his replies to you as mostly an admission of his own fears. He doesn't know how to manage the behaviours of the people who will attack you at TAS. Some will even be his 'chums; putting them straight would require personal courage. Others will join TAS just to have a go at you. Martin doesn't seem to have the energy to deal with that. Nick (Lurcher) did what was needed at AT and everyone has benefitted. Martin, by his own admission, doesn't have that in him (at this time). He already knows the truth, he just prefers to sidestep it...
"Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch, It generates a warmth around the ground that augurs well for mankind."

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:46 pm

In summary, Martin T lacks balls.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P50SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA LS6, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:51 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:52 pm
There is a genuine truth in this DQ not a interpreted truth. I find no posts justifying me being booted = my truth, he says they exist = his interpretation of the truth. The truth is they don't exist as I keep asking to be shown them to be ignored. So the truth (in this matter) appears by default. They could for once in their stupid lives be honest and just say they don't want me, and they booted me because they don't like me or want me, then I would leave them alone. BUT as long as they continue to tell lies about me I will be up them anyway I can.
The truth is they don't want you. It's not because they twist the truth as they see it but a Dunless TAS makes life easier as they don't get hassle from other interests. Of course they may be biased if they rely on certain traders to buy equipment. Do they push rip-offs? Not as they see it. If they like to throw their money at expensive bling that is up to them. Unfortunately some people like to buy expensive bling from crooks rather than something that performs above it's price point in a 'plastic' case. I have to say that there is no logic for some of the hatred you get from certain quarters. People that don't buy new expensive stuff. As you say forum owners standing up to them like Nick eventually stops the nonsense.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:57 pm

The main problem now is the amount of water under the bridge, the amount of comment that has irritated both sides. If this had been dealt with quickly after Marco had been booted it would have been simple, but it has got more and more bitter since, because of that it is now a puss ridden boil that no one will lance. I try but it has to be done by them.