The Audio Standard Forum.

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dave Cawley
Great Britain

Re: The Audio Standard Forum.

Unread post by Dave Cawley » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:09 pm

Martin left for a reason Macca. These is absolutely no doubt about it, if you ask him he will tell you. Or you could guess ? :arrow:

Dave
"if it measures well and sounds good, then it is good" : "if it measures badly and sounds bad then it is bad" : "if it measures badly and sounds good, then it could be improved" : "if it measures well but sounds bad then it is bad" © Dave Cawley

Macca

Unread post by Macca » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:22 pm

Dave - everyone does everything for a reason. I am sure if Martin wanted to tell me he would. You have to remember that I am not personally much interested in the politics and the personalities.

Richard - I think all of the forums have the stamp of their owners' on them, for better or worse. It is a difficult thing to avoid. What is probaby more of a concern is that a thin film of forum-going enthusiasts gets spread over more and more forums. That can only work for so long.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:28 pm

Cream comes to the top Macca, it is just some people are put off by a foul smell lurking under the cream. Forums will follow Darwin's theories, survival of the fittest (or the most amusing :twisted: )

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:08 pm

Well good luck to Martin T. I always thought he acted like a gentleman and even his exit was handled with class.

Edit: I've just read the whole thread and seen the details of other members as well as SLIC. Whilst I still wish Martin well, I won't be keeping company with them. I hope they aren't too disappointed

Yomanze

Unread post by Yomanze » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:15 pm

Yes, MartinT is a true gent, and if you look through his recent posts it's been about reviewing his own kit, including the SLIC, no shilling unless he's also a Chord and Aurorasound shill?! From what I can see The Audio Standard is looking to cut away from trade bias & have more freedom of expression.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:20 pm

It's pretty obvious why Martin left and for that matter everyone else who has left. If TAS is an AOS clone without Marco and Trade members that surely is a good thing. The long and short of it is that most of the core AOS members that join will gravitate to using TAS more - as long as they enforce their own rules.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:01 pm

Agreed, it looks promising. But what ever way you look at it it is a slap in the face for Muccus, which can only be a good thing. Perhaps he might just look at himself in the mirror without his self adorned uniform and medals for a change.

We will stay our *individual* self, and all TAS does is give us another "Elsewhere on the Web" to comment on.

To which point I am already seeing back ground, or preparatory work for shilling and spamming campaigns being set up by both MCRU and braindead (TQ). Next I am sure will be RFFFFFFFFFFFC when he sees the opportunity.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:07 pm

Martin t may be a gent I do not know. But let's not forget he as been responsible for some of the worst shilling shit prose it has been my misfortune to read. I also see Colin tq was an inaugural member as was mcru.
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:22 pm

Yomanze wrote:Yes, MartinT is a true gent, and if you look through his recent posts it's been about reviewing his own kit, including the SLIC, no shilling unless he's also a Chord and Aurorasound shill?! From what I can see The Audio Standard is looking to cut away from trade bias & have more freedom of expression.
Who said it was Martin, not me, you really should read more carefully. It is MCRU's shills and MCRU himself who are joining in to take advantage.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:27 pm

Daniel Quinn wrote:Martin t may be a gent I do not know. But let's not forget he as been responsible for some of the worst shilling shit prose it has been my misfortune to read. I also see Colin tq was an inaugural member as was mcru.
Agreed, they may have removed the largest disease / problem that exists at AoS, but it seems they have taken on some of the other diseases and naively expect the forum not to catch them.

A gent in this case largely means you sweep the crap under the carpet and pretend it is not there.