The Audio Standard Forum.

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Eric Shun
Great Britain

Re: The Audio Standard Forum.

Unread post by Eric Shun » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:20 am

Wonky has gone and done a classic flounce and the Rev has been busy with the green moderation text. It also appears that the Rev is tarring all and sundry with the troll tag, without it appears, understanding what a troll is. Just because members question the collective with regards the safety of an item being promoted, pushed or shilled and it makes you feel uncomfortable isn't good enough reason to call somebody a troll. It simply highlights a complete lack of basic understanding and continues to make you look silly - so carry on Rev, you dont need any help from us here :dance:
To be a shill, in a world that is constantly trying to make you buy something else, is the greatest accomplishment.
[Biggy, TAS 2018]

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:26 am

CN211276 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:44 am
It just gets better. :lol:
The design of Moon the Loon's 60K amp is being questioned as it is "improved" upon by a £130 fuse. The Rev Martin T rises to the bait making an even bigger arse of himself. :lol:
We still don't know who he is, I am getting very suspicious that he is a dealer.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:32 am

MartinT: "The markets (like the UK) that use fuses are in subtle ways reducing the performance of the amplifier because of a shitty non-linear thermal device being inserted into the power line. By using a less shitty fuse, performance can be partially restored closer to its performance without a fuse. Does that read better?"

Here's how it reads 'better'...

"I'm the guy who paid to have a dedicated radial installed, that doesn't require fuses...and I still uses fuses...that cost £130 each."
"Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch, It generates a warmth around the ground that augurs well for mankind."

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

CaterhamKev
Great Britain

Unread post by CaterhamKev » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:34 am

I can assure you it was no flounce, as I am Wonky....
I no longer want to be part of “foo central” where slightly improving your stereo for £130 is regarded as more important than the relevant safety laws.

My “fuse trolling bollocks” was basically a post about the legality of the fuses and MartinT not wanting to accept the truth about them. The TAS mains tampering thread is now laughable.

Hey ho, no loss from my point of view as there was never much interesting on there.

Dave Cawley
Great Britain

Unread post by Dave Cawley » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:45 am

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:26 am
We still don't know who he is, I am getting very suspicious that he is a dealer.
From the credible information I have, he is not a dealer and that is all his own equipment.
"if it measures well and sounds good, then it is good" : "if it measures badly and sounds bad then it is bad" : "if it measures badly and sounds good, then it could be improved" : "if it measures well but sounds bad then it is bad" © Dave Cawley

Hemmo1969
Great Britain

Unread post by Hemmo1969 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:54 am

CaterhamKev wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:34 am
I no longer want to be part of “foo central” where slightly improving your stereo for £130 is regarded as more important than the relevant safety laws.

My “fuse trolling bollocks” was basically a post about the legality of the fuses and MartinT not wanting to accept the truth about them. The TAS mains tampering thread is now laughable.

Hey ho, no loss from my point of view as there was never much interesting on there.
Welcome Kev

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:50 pm

CaterhamKev wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:34 am
I’m Spartacus!

Lets not argue over semantics Kevin, it was as classic a flounce as one could see, just ask the Biglebowski! :dance:

Seriously though, you've done really well to have lasted as long as you did and your conscience is clear, unlike Rev MartinT and the blinked shillridden Church of The Audio Snooze. :clap:
To be a shill, in a world that is constantly trying to make you buy something else, is the greatest accomplishment.
[Biggy, TAS 2018]

CaterhamKev
Great Britain

Unread post by CaterhamKev » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:11 pm

There are only so many times you can tell someone they are wrong before you realise you are wasting your time.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:14 pm

You can continue to test how many times, by posting here. MartinT is a daily reader of HFS...

...also Spica, TheMoon, etc, etc.
"Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch, It generates a warmth around the ground that augurs well for mankind."

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:52 pm

There is a warm satisfaction in pointing at eeeediots, knowing they are reading and muttering and frothing.