The Audio Standard Forum.

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: The Audio Standard Forum.

Unread post by savvypaul » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Eric Shun wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:42 pm
Moon the Loon appears to have had enough of fuses and is now willy waving stock photos of amps he says he has in his attic stash. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm as we used to say at school when somebody was telling porkies, chin rub, chin rub :think: :lol:
He certainly does have an insatiable appetite for knobs. How does he fit them all in?
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:27 pm

Perhaps he has a supersised arse?
Heavily modified suspended sub-chassis turntable, Sole VIII sub-chassis, "In Sole" advanced polymer suspension, Ai bearing, PU7, DV20X2, Norton Airpower clone. Technics SL110A, AT 1005, Denon DL301A. NVA Phono 2 MC (2 power supplies), NVA P50 SA, NVA A40 Mk1 power amps, custom birch ply Allison 6/NVA Cube 1 clones, NVA TIS mk2 , SSC, LS6.

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:34 pm

You'll probably find he's a small man with an inferiority complex who's achieved very little in life and needs to sit behind a PC to express himself with what he'd like to be. Even if he was to have half of the kit he says, it must be depressing to think that a £130 fuse improves such high end gear. How dare the designers of this kit not think about such an obvious bottleneck in their designs :lol: :lol:
Read all about it on The Cloak Online
https://thecloakonline.blogspot.com

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:18 pm

Where has all the fuse fun gone?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:49 am

MartinT

Post by MartinT on 4 hours ago

The ASBO - This Saturday!

This is just to confirm that we will have a Bring-Buy table (or tables) at the event so pack up your excess components or accessories and bring them along. If you could label them or have a price list handy, that will facilitate sales. Just put your name and forum handle on the box of bits (or items) and then members can find you and seal the deal.

Just a reminder...

Date: Saturday 21st April 2018

Venue: The Victory Hall, Farley Hill, RG7 1TR (nr. Reading)

Time: 3:00 - 9:00pm
Attendance: for all TAS members, otherwise by invitation
***********************************************************************************************

As we see the attendance rules have changed. It used to be invite only, but now has changed - see above - well because you block viewing things for non members I have a non active membership to read you and not miss any words and wisdom :lol:

So I will be attending under my user name, you want to stop me then just be honest and not all this pussy footing pretend friendly bollocks and ban me by name, as that is all this is about and what you are trying to do, for once in your lives be open and honest.

keepitsimplestupid
Great Britain

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:39 pm

You might get your chance to hear a paradise there.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:09 pm

Well lets see if they see through my disguise, my wife has always wanted to do it, it is becoming a project :mrgreen:

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Looks like the member loophole has been closed, the original reminder has been edited and the Rev MartinT now wants members to PM him a request to confirm their attendance, so it can be added to a list. But I have a cunning plan Doc, a disguise is needed:

That'll get you in, no questions asked :lol:
Read all about it on The Cloak Online
https://thecloakonline.blogspot.com

Chunk McDaniel
Great Britain

Unread post by Chunk McDaniel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:33 pm

It's record store day on Saturday these idiots would be better attending there local independent and buying some music.

keepitsimplestupid
Great Britain

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:52 pm

It doesn't start until 3pm, plenty of spare time to spend wasting hours queuing up for overpriced reissues and contrived limited editions. RSD is just another slurp.