The Audio Standard Forum.

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
alfer
Great Britain

Re: The Audio Standard Forum.

Unread post by alfer » Wed May 16, 2018 12:25 pm

Do you mean not talking about fart-gas?

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed May 16, 2018 12:28 pm

That is the least of it...
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed May 16, 2018 1:50 pm

TheMoon cannot resist. It's probably time that he was taken to the vet for neutering. Nothing else has calmed him down.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed May 16, 2018 2:40 pm

Note some people are supporting my position and being critical of the event, so the thread HAS to be closed, how dare I get any support. If the likes of Bigboy and Moony had just been allowed free rein it would certainly have been left open to insult me and us.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed May 16, 2018 3:02 pm

A few weeks ago, TheMoon was told that one more dig at HFS or NVA would result in a ban.

:epopc:

HiFi Foo Fight Blog

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed May 16, 2018 3:07 pm

Locking a thread is a failure of moderation...

HiFi Foo Fight Blog

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Wed May 16, 2018 3:19 pm

When the moderation team there don't adhere to the rules, there’s little hope of the riff raff taking any notice, let alone idiots like the Loony and he only survives because he gives credence to the Rev MartinT fuse shill :naughty:
Read all about it on The Cloak Online
https://thecloakonline.blogspot.com

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed May 16, 2018 11:28 pm

They started TAS to correct what they saw as wrong with AoS. AoS was started to elevate Il Duce to guru status and ego god and to float his smut on. In the end they saw it. Now we have Andrew starting another because he wants to correct what he sees wrong at TAS - round and round in ever decreasing circles trying to avoid seeing the Elephant in the room.

HFS started simply because I wasn't allowed to tell the truth anywhere else, and apart from Audio Talk I am still not allowed - sad delusional people. Deriding, banning, insulting, libelling, lying about, censoring, blocking access to bake-offs, blocking access to loan scheme for their members, blocking access to some shows, none of it has stopped me / us. We are still here telling THE TRUTH!

And a bit of fun taking the piss out of them in return.

CaterhamKev
Great Britain

Unread post by CaterhamKev » Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 pm

savvypaul wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:49 am
Many have sided with Marco because of their own insecurities...I doubt he needs to put much effort into achieving his desired result.

However, he and they have made a misjudgement on this occasion.

Any rational observer can see how this one has played out.

MCRU is right. It only needs everyone to act like grown ups.
If only it was that simple.

I have never really understood why people get so wound up HiFi. This is part of the reason I am contemplating ignoring all of the fora I am a member of and going back to my blissful ignorance of being happy with what I have.

No egos were hurt in the creation of this post

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock » Thu May 17, 2018 8:58 pm

Until I got involved in hi-fi forums I never realised what a sad and nasty bunch many so called enthusiasts are. I was aware of the Linn Naim thing but just thought the salesman telling me how great Linn Kans were was just deluded or listened to a type of Jazz that sounded good on them. Never realised the corruption and outright nastiness. People who can't admit they were conned. But now we have a whole new breed of dubious product being shilled across forums that has outrageous prices. It's pretty obvious the motivation for pushing this is greed with a few deluded individuals that have been conned into buying such product aiding and abetting. I'm sure the majority of hi-fi people are not like this but they sensibly avoid forums (or come to HFS). The foo fuses are the last straw in this madness.