WHAT PISSES YOU OFF...!!!

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: WHAT PISSES YOU OFF...!!!

Unread post by savvypaul » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:45 pm

fisherman wrote:by slinger » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:41 pm

Having to remind vendors (especially commercial vendors) that they've 'forgotten' to leave you any feedback on eBay. It's a little thing I know but feedback scores are almost equivalent to your reputation on eBay. It also pisses me off when vendors wait until you award feedback before they'll leave any themselves. I've paid, my part of the transaction is over, tell everyone how wonderful I am you miserable bastard

giving feedback to buyers on ebay is meaningless as you are only allowed to leave positive ido see however that it might seem rude
Feedback about a buyer is pointless these days. The idea dated back to the times when online peer to peer selling could be a bit like the 'wild west' and feedback about someone who tried to scam you was important for others to see. Now that's all tied up by seller (and buyer) protection through Paypal. Only feedback about the seller is now relevant. Professional sellers just leave automated positive feedback for buyers as soon as an item is paid...
"Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch, It generates a warmth around the ground that augurs well for mankind."

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

slinger
Great Britain

Unread post by slinger » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:52 pm

savvypaul wrote: Feedback about a buyer is pointless these days. The idea dated back to the times when online peer to peer selling could be a bit like the 'wild west' and feedback about someone who tried to scam you was important for others to see. Now that's all tied up by seller (and buyer) protection through Paypal. Only feedback about the seller is now relevant. Professional sellers just leave automated positive feedback for buyers as soon as an item is paid...
I still read recent feedback reports when I'm buying both privately and from eBay "shops" etc. You will note from the title of this thread however that there is nothing to indicate I have to be "in the right," just pissed off. :lol:
Amps - NVA P50, A30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:19 pm

I get thoroughly pissed off with being pissed off.

Vlad_Dracul

Unread post by Vlad_Dracul » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:31 pm

My Pre Molar crown coming off :Bllocks:

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:01 pm

slinger wrote:
savvypaul wrote: Feedback about a buyer is pointless these days. The idea dated back to the times when online peer to peer selling could be a bit like the 'wild west' and feedback about someone who tried to scam you was important for others to see. Now that's all tied up by seller (and buyer) protection through Paypal. Only feedback about the seller is now relevant. Professional sellers just leave automated positive feedback for buyers as soon as an item is paid...
I still read recent feedback reports when I'm buying both privately and from eBay "shops" etc. You will note from the title of this thread however that there is nothing to indicate I have to be "in the right," just pissed off. :lol:
I momentarily forgot that and my excuse is that the OP hasn't been around to remind us just how wrong and just how pissed you can be at the same time. Pass the :angry-soapbox:
"Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch, It generates a warmth around the ground that augurs well for mankind."

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:34 pm

my middle boy ,ten , is thouroughly pissed off, not because he is having a jia flare up and is now takining strong steroids so is emtionally volatile .but because i have banned him from his X box due to the state of his room. :lol:
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Jonty2547

Unread post by Jonty2547 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:40 pm

Sitting down with nice glass of wine and critically listening to the music rather than enjoying it.
For example, i sat down and put on Ziggy this afternoon and wound myself up into a tight stress ball thinking nothing sounded right and i needed to fiddle with the arm/cart.
Whereas an hour later i put on the same record whilst pottering around the house doing chores and it sounded magnificent!
I genuinely think "state of mind" plays a enormous role in enjoying the hobby. i.e don't take it too seriously.
TT- Thorens TD160B MKII with SME 3009, SL1210 and PL-71. Amps-NVA P50sa/A40's & Phono 1.
DAC-Bushmaster MKII. CDP- Sony X555ES. Speakers-B&W 705 with LS1.

slinger
Great Britain

Unread post by slinger » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:39 pm

People who would rather argue about hi-fi than play music on it.
Amps - NVA P50, A30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:45 am

A person (or two) on AoS who speak like 'a Mobile Choons Gizmo'. Smart word smiths but not smart enough to choose something to listen with.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:19 pm

Automated responses when I make a phone call.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P50SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA LS6, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.