UK veto [continued from former forum]

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: UK veto [continued from former forum]

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:03 am

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:45 am

Ironic. If Cameron had got what he asked the result would have been different. I voted out because he in effect got nothing and was laughed at by the EU. Treating the UK as some minor state they can push around just won't do. I'm sure that is a majority opinion in the country.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:18 pm

savvypaul wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:14 am
Alfi wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:08 am
You'll also find that the majority of leave supporters read Camerons £9M leaflet and voted accordingly.
They voted to leave because they believed the people who told them that leaving would be a disaster?
They voted to leave because they hedged their bets that the establishment were lying. The establishment still are and remainer's are suckers for their lies.
Heavily modified suspended sub-chassis turntable, Sole VIII sub-chassis, "In Sole" advanced polymer suspension, Ai bearing, PU7, DV20X2, Norton Airpower clone. Technics SL110A, AT 1005, Soundsmith Denon DL103. NVA BMU, NVA Phono 2 MC (2 power supplies), NVA P50 SA, NVA A40 Mk1 power amps, custom birch ply Allison 6/NVA Cube 1 clones, NVA TIS mk2 , SSC, LS6.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Classicrock wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:45 am
Ironic. If Cameron had got what he asked the result would have been different. I voted out because he in effect got nothing and was laughed at by the EU. Treating the UK as some minor state they can push around just won't do. I'm sure that is a majority opinion in the country.
And so was May laughed at but worse still Britain was laughed at because of her and her retainer led team's utter ineffectiveness as a negotiators!

Aren't we the 2nd largest net contributor? No wonder they don't want us to leave!
Heavily modified suspended sub-chassis turntable, Sole VIII sub-chassis, "In Sole" advanced polymer suspension, Ai bearing, PU7, DV20X2, Norton Airpower clone. Technics SL110A, AT 1005, Soundsmith Denon DL103. NVA BMU, NVA Phono 2 MC (2 power supplies), NVA P50 SA, NVA A40 Mk1 power amps, custom birch ply Allison 6/NVA Cube 1 clones, NVA TIS mk2 , SSC, LS6.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:36 pm

Alfi wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:18 pm
savvypaul wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:14 am
Alfi wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:08 am
You'll also find that the majority of leave supporters read Camerons £9M leaflet and voted accordingly.
They voted to leave because they believed the people who told them that leaving would be a disaster?
They voted to leave because they hedged their bets that the establishment were lying. The establishment still are and remainer's are suckers for their lies.
I don't think that Leavers are hedging their bets. Quite the opposite.

I don't think that there is anything one can say, any fact that one can point to, any consequence that one can describe, any proven independent expert one can quote...that would make a Leaver change their mind. That, to me, is scary.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / BTE Designs Lenco 59 / ATP-12t / Denon 103 / NVA Phono2 / GSP Revelation / Vortexbox Appliance / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / RME ADI-2 dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / Marantz 2015 / NVA Cube 1 / Klipsch Heresy 3 /NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H / Grado sr225e

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:59 pm

Alfi wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:20 pm
Classicrock wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:45 am
And so was May laughed at but worse still Britain was laughed at because of her and her retainer led team's utter ineffectiveness as a negotiators!

Aren't we the 2nd largest net contributor? No wonder they don't want us to leave!
Theresa May was respected by the rest of the EU - Boris is seen as the equivalent of Trump: an unpredictable, unreliable lying idiot who doesn't think before he makes empty promises he can't keep.

Per capita, the Netherlands pays far more than the UK.

Edit: I will try to ignore this thread from now on - B****t bollocks is the one subject that really gets my goat.
:angry-steamingears: :angry-screaming: :angry-fire: :angry-screaming: :angry-steamingears:
Main: NVA: P50sa - SSP - A40 - LS6 - Cube2 - BMU
Pi: Allo DigiOne Signature/Volumio/Tomanek LPSU/Jitterbug
DAC: Metrum Acoustics Musette CD Transport: Cambridge CXC
Headphones: AudioQuest NightHawk Carbon Amp: Schiit Magni-3
DAC: Musical Fidelity M1DAC Digital i/c: Profigold Oxypure OCC

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:47 pm

Fretless wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:59 pm
Theresa May was respected by the rest of the EU - Boris is seen as the equivalent of Trump: an unpredictable, unreliable lying idiot who doesn't think before he makes empty promises he can't keep.
Believe that if you will! She was only "respected" because she was a retainer; though the treatment she received regularly from the anti democratic EU cabal looked far from respectful to me and many others here in blighty.
Fretless wrote:
Per capita, the Netherlands pays far more than the UK.
Even the BBC have it wrong then - even though they are hyper biased to remain?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48256318
Fretless wrote:
Edit: I will try to ignore this thread from now on - B****t bollocks is the one subject that really gets my goat.
Well it seems to me that "bollocks" is being spouted from the remainer side too, BUT........... :hbs:

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:51 pm

Brexit is even more prone to confirmation bias than buying hi-fi...
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / BTE Designs Lenco 59 / ATP-12t / Denon 103 / NVA Phono2 / GSP Revelation / Vortexbox Appliance / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / RME ADI-2 dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / Marantz 2015 / NVA Cube 1 / Klipsch Heresy 3 /NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H / Grado sr225e

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:58 pm

During the Welsh Devolution referendum of 1997 devolution won by just 1% on a 50% turnout, it went the wrong way as far as I am concerned, because now we have a labour cabal in Cardiff. I and many more who did not want it to turn out that way just accepted it and got on with our lives!

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:59 pm

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:03 am
Interesting speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63IcW4eo4uM
But of course Alice has been labeled a racist, perhaps that's because she talks sense?
Last edited by Alfi on Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.