UK veto [continued from former forum]

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Lindsayt
Marshall Islands

Re: UK veto [continued from former forum]

Unread post by Lindsayt » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:50 pm

Fretless wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:19 pm
It'll end in tears.
Brexit is one of those topics where I have my own personal opinions on the whole thing but would concede that differing opinions may be more valid than mine.

As Richard said 7 years ago we could become the 2nd Switzerland of Europe. Or we may live to regret it. Time will tell... At the moment no one knows which it will be. It's all guesswork and supposition.

For sure, there are (according to a BBC article that I read) political leaders in the EU that want the UK to be punished / pay dearly for leaving as a disincentive for other nations to leave. Whether they can make that stick remains to be seen...

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Nobody actually wants the UK to leave. Much better for us all if it stays in.
Main: NVA: P50sa - SSP - A40 - LS6 - Cube2 - BMU
Pi: Allo DigiOne Signature/Volumio/Tomanek LPSU/Jitterbug
DAC: Metrum Acoustics Musette CD Transport: Cambridge CXC
Headphones: AudioQuest NightHawk Carbon Amp: Schiit Magni-3
DAC: Musical Fidelity M1DAC Digital i/c: Profigold Oxypure OCC

ArloFlynn
Great Britain

Unread post by ArloFlynn » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:16 pm

‘’ Just strap on your Guitar and we’ll play some Rock ‘n’ roll ‘’

I have read many articles, blogs and tweets on ‘BREXIT’ and still feel, totally clueless and embarrassed to make comment.
However, my analogy as an Alien from another planet -

1/ If someone is found guilty of a serious crime and the evidence is later found to be based upon fabrication and lies, there would be a re-trial.

2/ If someone is found not guilty of a serious crime they committed and the evidence is later found to be based on fabrication and lies, Double Jeopardy would not apply and there would be a re-trial.

3/ You go to jail for not paying your taxes.

Conclusion - Lies, disguised as ‘un-truths’, and more lies, to legally gain more wealth, that’s BREXIT that is… But what is Remain? I have not read much about that yet.

To paraphrase Chris Grey; With the amount of lies, corruption, fantasies and parliamentary skulduggery , our political class is overwhelmed and does not have the capacity to deal with the BREXIT situation.
You’re kiddin’! Right?

In reply to Schwantz34
I don’t think anyone knows, it’s just personal opinion.
In the long term if the politicians and their advisors have the Country’s best interests at heart, then any outcome LEAVE / REMAIN would have to be made to work. I don’t believe the current state of politics is forward thinking enough for any outcome to work and is purely self-serving old interests.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:48 am

schwantz34 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:07 pm
hello gents, may i ask if you think is better for uk get off from europe or remain?
thanks
cheers
s
S you are either tying to confuse or confused yourself. The UK will hardly ever get off from Europe, the UK is on the continental shelf. But hopefully will will rid ourselves of the EU. Big difference!

Alfi.
Heavily modified suspended sub-chassis turntable, Sole VIII sub-chassis, "In Sole" advanced polymer suspension, Ai bearing, PU7, DV20X2, Norton Airpower clone. Technics SL110A, AT 1005, Soundsmith Denon DL103. NVA BMU, NVA Phono 2 MC (2 power supplies), NVA P50 SA, NVA A40 Mk1 power amps, custom birch ply Allison 6/NVA Cube 1 clones, NVA TIS mk2 , SSC, LS6.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:53 am

CaterhamKev wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:39 am
I believe that a hard Brexit is looking more than likely with BoBo the clown.
He will deliver that, and he and his mates will get richer as a result.
You can be sure of one thing. Elites will always get richer no matter what the outcome, but the EU has the majority of Elites including the corrupt leader of the ECB. Oh but they're all corrupt aren't they, isn't it a job requirement?

Alfi.
Heavily modified suspended sub-chassis turntable, Sole VIII sub-chassis, "In Sole" advanced polymer suspension, Ai bearing, PU7, DV20X2, Norton Airpower clone. Technics SL110A, AT 1005, Soundsmith Denon DL103. NVA BMU, NVA Phono 2 MC (2 power supplies), NVA P50 SA, NVA A40 Mk1 power amps, custom birch ply Allison 6/NVA Cube 1 clones, NVA TIS mk2 , SSC, LS6.

joe
Great Britain

Unread post by joe » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:56 am

Alfi wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:53 am
CaterhamKev wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:39 am
I believe that a hard Brexit is looking more than likely with BoBo the clown.
He will deliver that, and he and his mates will get richer as a result.
You can be sure of one thing. Elites will always get richer no matter what the outcome, but the EU has the majority of Elites including the corrupt leader of the ECB. Oh but they're all corrupt aren't they, isn't it a job requirement?

Alfi.
When/if we leave the EU, we'll have one potential major trading partner - the USA. Which, as we all know, is entirely free of corrupt elitists.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:50 am

I had an argument with my mother on the phone yesterday evening - she thought that Angela Merkel was the President of all Europe, apart from the UK.

If this is symptomatic of the general level of information that Brits have about Europe then it is no wonder that the UK doesn't have a clue about what it is doing.
Main: NVA: P50sa - SSP - A40 - LS6 - Cube2 - BMU
Pi: Allo DigiOne Signature/Volumio/Tomanek LPSU/Jitterbug
DAC: Metrum Acoustics Musette CD Transport: Cambridge CXC
Headphones: AudioQuest NightHawk Carbon Amp: Schiit Magni-3
DAC: Musical Fidelity M1DAC Digital i/c: Profigold Oxypure OCC

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:08 am

:grin: I think you'll find your mother is actually correct in her assumption..

You'll also find that the majority of leave supporters read Camerons £9M leaflet and voted accordingly.
It's leavers in general who appear to be ignorant on what the EU is all about..

Funnily enough most remain MP's still find it hard to believe they have a ll voted to put into Law that the UK will leave the EU on 31st October with or without a deal..

George Soros' girlie Gina Miller played a blinder in taking her case to the UK Supreme Court.

Alfi.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:14 am

Alfi wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:08 am
You'll also find that the majority of leave supporters read Camerons £9M leaflet and voted accordingly.
They voted to leave because they believed the people who told them that leaving would be a disaster?
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / BTE Designs Lenco 59 / ATP-12t / Denon 103 / NVA Phono2 / GSP Revelation / Vortexbox Appliance / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / RME ADI-2 dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / Marantz 2015 / NVA Cube 1 / Klipsch Heresy 3 /NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H / Grado sr225e

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:58 am

Fretless wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:50 am
I had an argument with my mother on the phone yesterday evening - she thought that Angela Merkel was the President of all Europe, apart from the UK.

If this is symptomatic of the general level of information that Brits have about Europe then it is no wonder that the UK doesn't have a clue about what it is doing.
Well she is as far as the Euro Zone is concerned. In as much as most of the EU is run to the benefit of the German Economy and if they went back to the Mark it would dise in value making them less competitive. 50% of the EU is an economic basket case propped up by Germany. Also control freakishness has takes over judging by the lengths the EU went to screw Greece and prevent them leaving the Euro. Same trait with the Brexit negotiations. May was weak and used useless civil servants who capitulated and put us in this mess. Adopted and dictated the so called backstop at behest of Irish PM. Frankly they are going to have to negotiate if they don't want to end up with exactly what they want to avoid. The situation with MPs is disgusting. They voted for the referendum so should stand by the result. People voted to leave without specifics which is the job of politicians to enact.

The No no deal campaigners are liars and in fact want no Brexit. The new liberal leader admitted on TV when questioned that if a second referendum went in favour of leaving she would still oppose it. Also who the fuck in the govt is getting rich over no deal? The people who are crying are the ones getting rich due to the European links. That is why the 'establishment' are against it. I don't see Boris Johnson as a part of the establishment. Actually he is one of the few people that actually clearly stand for something rather than obfuscation and lies Just look at Corbyn and his marxist cronies. They stood in the last election for respecting the referendum result and are now flipping by the day. The original referendum result cannot be change because the genie is out of the bottle. Those who voted to leave mostly expect it to happen along with many who voted to stay but dislike the EU. Denying democracy will result in it's complete breakdown and the rise of people power. Many won't rest until we leave. The prevarication and uncertainty is more damaging to the economy than no deal!