AoS

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
alfer
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by alfer » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:02 pm

No posts about ANYTHING from Ocram for 3 days. I wonder if he has POPPED off on his hols.
Now we can see who uses 3,2,1 Words without his influence

Daniel Quinn
Wales

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:30 pm

As anybody knows Marco, the key to controlling the future is to obliterate the past.

The archive is a historical fact. Should the new owners agree with your request, then I will make the archive available to everyone personally.

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:51 am

It looks like you've been reading the NEBO 10 thread.

Interesting that there has been support for HFS from AOS members and the continued opposition from Marco and the mods. I note that Marco is demanding that this thread is removed that Savvy 'comply' with decent bloke status before any NVA/RD/HFS ban is removed over there. It has created more discussion about these subjects than in the previous few months.

I agree with DQ in some respects that contains important historical information but I feel that it now mostly serves as an outlet for those who have been banned by Marco to have a dig back at him. I have to admit that I haven't been banned at AOS or received threatening emails from him so I don't know what it is like to be effected by them. But I do know that holding onto grudges never did me any good and I felt better once I was able to move on. I don't think allowing this thread to continue really helps anyone to do that. Yes it is good to vent your frustration in the immediate aftermath but not for it to fester for years after.

I think it would be wrong to remove the thread but perhaps it is time that it is closed as a compromise. If that's not good enough for Marco then so be it. Will Marco be removing all negative comments about NVA etc at AOS if this thread does get removed?

Of course the decision ultimately lies with the new owner but I for one would like to see us move on.
NVA BMU - NVA Phono 1 - Systemdek IIX/Rega RB250/Denon DL160 & Philips CD 104 with NOS mod - TIS & SSP mkii - NVA AP70sa - Epos ES11.

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:16 am

There are some quite foul comments on three words thread, should that be closed/edited as part of the suggested compromise?

I understand what you are saying Quarknosis, the trouble is that the the nasty comments have spread over so many threads/posts that it seems to be an impossible task to delete/close all the offending material. Also, like DQ, I am not a fan of rewriting history.
LP12,Ittok,DV10X5,Phono2(twin supply),P50/A40's,LS5,SSC,Rega Ela mk1/Cube 3's
Sony cdp xb930,Alessandro ms1

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:25 am

I only know about the disgusting comments on the words daily threads second hand as I never read those posts.

I agree that history shouldn't be rewritten which is why I suggested to close rather than delete the thread.
NVA BMU - NVA Phono 1 - Systemdek IIX/Rega RB250/Denon DL160 & Philips CD 104 with NOS mod - TIS & SSP mkii - NVA AP70sa - Epos ES11.

CaterhamKev
Great Britain

Unread post by CaterhamKev » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:49 pm

As somebody banned from AoS, I don’t care either way about this thread. I pop in to this one from time to time, but there is little of interest here.

I was banned for typing “Not Very Amicable” on a thread, and then for “bad mouthing” Marco over here.
I am at the point of giving up on HiFi forums anyway, so don’t really care.

Brian Griffin
Cyprus

Unread post by Brian Griffin » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:30 pm

Quarknosis wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:51 am

Marco is demanding that this thread is removed
good to know it still gets under his skin!

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:16 pm

Bump. The toilet minded, banned person harasser has returned from his continental outing. :angry-screaming:

montechristo358
Great Britain

Unread post by montechristo358 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:51 pm

I bet he'd love everyone to forget those threatening emails. Shame its not happening

Brian Griffin
Cyprus

Unread post by Brian Griffin » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:23 pm

montechristo358 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:51 pm
I bet he'd love everyone to forget those threatening emails. Shame its not happening
You must mean these:

http://thecrossovernetwork.co.uk/forum/ ... ing-Emails

Nope, no-one has forgotten! They are still there, fresh as a daisy.

The man's a complete tool.