AoS

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Eric Shun
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by Eric Shun » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:08 am

After having the last word (again) and closing the thread, the finely tuned and well oiled friendly forum administrator has seen your comment here Mr After and therefore opened the thread again for the last last work and provided an answer to our friend in need of help and direction:
Kim Jong-un Jabba wrote:Do not moan because you're been made to put in some effort, in order to advertise here for FREE, to potentially tens of thousands of buyers. and be bloody grateful that you've been given the privilege in the first place!!
How to influence members and encourage them to contribute, Jabba styleeee - charming :o
"Nobody flounces better, makes me feel sad for the rest
Nobody flounces half as good as you, BigBottyFlouncy, you're the best"
:clap:

mules

Unread post by mules » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:54 am

300 odd online at the moment - a far cry from those tens of thousands, because the fact hunt has banned a lot of them.

mules

Unread post by mules » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:30 pm

marc0 comes in, Marco changes his username, marc (new name) complains, marc gone.

Holy shit, they are dropping like flies; fact hunt has lost it. So much for the friendly forum.

mikeyb48
Great Britain

Unread post by mikeyb48 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:33 pm

mules wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:30 pm
marc0 comes in, Marco changes his username, marc (new name) complains, marc gone.

Holy shit, they are dropping like flies; fact hunt has lost it. So much for the friendly forum.
Pretty sure he was trolling anyway and I said as much, not surprised his username had to be changed, very confusing to have it so close to Marcos. There's someone on a forum with same username as myself bar 1 letter ( they joined after me ) and I didn't think it should be allowed as it's confusing for other users especially regarding sale threads.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:42 pm

mikeyb48 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:33 pm
mules wrote:

Pretty sure he was trolling anyway and I said as much, not surprised his username had to be changed, very confusing to have it so close to Marcos. There's someone on a forum with same username as myself bar 1 letter ( they joined after me ) and I didn't think it should be allowed as it's confusing for other users especially regarding sale threads.
Good point, well made.

The 'Advertisement non compliant with current AOS selling rules, No price listed and photo' thread is pretty gruesome, though, don't you think?
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / BTE Designs Lenco 59 / ATP-12t / Denon 103 / NVA Phono2 / GSP Revelation / Vortexbox Appliance / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / RME ADI-2 dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / Marantz 2015 / NVA Cube 1 / Klipsch Heresy 3 /NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H / Grado sr225e

Daniel Quinn
Wales

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:56 pm

Who cares Marco deserves all he gets.

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:16 pm

savvypaul wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:42 pm
mikeyb48 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:33 pm
mules wrote:

Good point, well made.

The 'Advertisement non compliant with current AOS selling rules, No price listed and photo' thread is pretty gruesome, though, don't you think?
Ocram was being his usual friendly self, encouraging and supporting his groomed gang members regardless of Contributions given.

mikeyb48
Great Britain

Unread post by mikeyb48 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Just like to say however if I was wrong about the new member marc0 then I'd have to say sorry to him, but I saw that he'd been removed, only time will tell if he joins again or joined elsewhere to hear what his real story is.

mules

Unread post by mules » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:28 pm

There is a fine line between welcoming new people and acting suspiciously of them. Unfortunately Marco and AOS are on the wrong side of it.

Now, regarding the name business, the actual name is inches from the username so I think Marco just thought he had a copyright on his name and would flex his muscles. The guy Mark is probably best off out of it.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:07 pm

Marco is bloody paranoid. Tried joining under different name and email a year or so ago and got blocked. Scared of anyone from HFS joining or who has left / been banned in the past. Can hardly afford to fall out with more members and ban them. Also in spite of animosity elsewhere AOS is only forum to not allow any mention or tribute to Richard's passing. Even Tony L left up an announcement on PF before closing the thread. The man's a rum 'un.