AoS

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:39 am

Why are you here - as a troll?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:33 am

Now Fireybum is breaking the law. He charges for the work so he is breaking the law not the person who buys them he is also responsible for them for their end of life disposure, which involves legal not civil law, in extreme case prison. This is real law.

Today, 11:47 #1 Firebottle

I'm Alan.

Default A brace of LDR passive preamps.
I have been asked to assemble a couple of the LDR board sets, one into an existing case and one as a miniature preamp.

The existing case has been updated to have 3 inputs and 2 outputs, both preamps are battery operated.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:16 am

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/foru ... 906/page-9

Post #163 and follow-up #166. No idea if this is correct though...

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:38 am

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:33 am
This is real law.

ADMIN EDIT - first strike applied for questioning admin decisions.

As Alan does not actually purchase the items, and therefore does not actually sell them on, I'm not sure your hypothesis is correct.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:52 am

Then you don't understand the law about Cadmium, it has been explained LOADS of times here. It is not illegal to buy the components it is illegal in the UK to use / build them into product you are being paid for and sell it. It is then that person who is responsible throughout the life of that product, for its illegality and its disposal no matter how many times it has been sold on.

For once if you are going to question me why don't you find out the facts, it just requires google or are you happier dissing me. You also have a strike for AGAIN trying to create conflict by questioning admin decisions.

Lurcher300b
Great Britain

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:35 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:52 am
Then you don't understand the law about Cadmium, it has been explained LOADS of times here. It is not illegal to buy the components it is illegal in the UK to use / build them into product you are being paid for and sell it. It is then that person who is responsible throughout the life of that product, for its illegality and its disposal no matter how many times it has been sold on.
I don’t think that’s true Richard. I agree is illegal to import and sell products that break EU directives on hazardous substances, However if someone is paid to build something, then they are selling their services not the item they work on. Using your logic it would become an offence to repair an amplifier from the 60's that was built using leaded solder.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:02 pm

I think you will find the EU directive is very clear. I investigated it years ago and came to a sound conclusion including requesting confirmation from the department involved and I have no intention of doing it all again. So I am very certain of my opinion. The person who buys the kit cannot be prosecuted unless they sell the finished item to a third party as then they have committed an offence, and they will still be responsible for safe disposal in the future. If it is traced to them (unlikely) in 20 years they will still be prosecuted unless the law changes if disposed of unsafely. So a person agreeing to build the kit and is paid for that service takes on the whole of that responsibility.

Lead has no where near the poison factor of Cadmium, Cadmium is a listed poison Lead is not. Lead is to do with an accumulation problem especially in kids, Cadium is not, one large enough dose or fume inhale will kill you. Not true of Lead. So they are treated differently, the only similarity is both are listed in the regs.

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:50 pm

One wonders why An old Sausage promotes LDRs?
Bet Ocram goes all quiet. Is he trying to make a name for himself on the world stage?

Nobody else does like TaS rave about Power cables but others don’t. Sad really. Ignorance is bliss

keepitsimplestupid
Great Britain

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:30 am

I'm with Richard here, having similarly looked at the somewhat opaque law and asked for clarification.

If you manufacture goods containing cadmium, even if just assembling kits for money, you are liable for the lifetime of the product. Same goes for any none rohs parts. It's totally legal to sell them, but they must be marked as per hazardous substance guidelines.

Selling component level parts, like Farnell does only requires you to dispose of the component parts if ever returned from the buyer.

I wouldn't touch them.

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:13 am

keepitsimplestupid wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:30 am
I'm with Richard here, having similarly looked at the somewhat opaque law and asked for clarification.

If you manufacture goods containing cadmium, even if just assembling kits for money, you are liable for the lifetime of the product. Same goes for any none rohs parts. It's totally legal to sell them, but they must be marked as per hazardous substance guidelines.

Selling component level parts, like Farnell does only requires you to dispose of the component parts if ever returned from the buyer.

I wouldn't touch them.
Lets hope Ocram and Co do with the open minds of the village idiots. Then one day......