AoS

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
scotty38
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:51 am
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by scotty38 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:40 pm

I notice the main protagonists seems to have gone quiet on the subject. Is that because newer "more believable" promoters have been found?

User avatar
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Posts: 30883
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 pm
Location: Muppet Labs
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:50 pm

The whole thing is a marketing game, the original principles of which were laid down by IvorT, and copied many many times since, one of the cleverest salesmen ever, talk about selling a pigs ear as a silk purse, but at least that did something, I am not sure this does anything but take your money.

User avatar
mules
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 3:56 pm

Re: AoS

Unread post by mules » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:44 pm

scotty38 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:40 pm
I notice the main protagonists seems to have gone quiet on the subject. Is that because newer "more believable" promoters have been found?
I'd say they've got bored by the amount of group shilling going on, how long before Mr C is bigging up the BigMong phono amp? Credibility is totally destroyed in that thread, thanks to the smoke and mirrors, and the continuing comparison to a soft drink - as an aside, you could buy 5000 litres of coke for the cost of a magic box and amazing cables.

scotty38
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:51 am
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by scotty38 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:49 pm

Same on the for sale threads, there's one with speakers less than a year old. Cue the comments about being great and they've served you well. A year old ffs, they've served you nothing!

User avatar
mules
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 3:56 pm

Re: AoS

Unread post by mules » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:50 pm

scotty38 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:49 pm
Same on the for sale threads, there's one with speakers less than a year old. Cue the comments about being great and they've served you well. A year old ffs, they've served you nothing!
Sickening. A new generation of shills.

User avatar
Eric Shun
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:13 am
Location: Woollen Mills of your Mind
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by Eric Shun » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:00 pm

Our good friend rent-a-shill Biggy seems to think that 1 year of service means they've served the seller well. Of course, we have to factor in that Biggy (waves to him in stealth mode) changes boxes more often than his underwear, so 1 years service is a lifetime in Biggy years :clap:

User avatar
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Posts: 30883
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 pm
Location: Muppet Labs
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:05 pm

In hi-fi experience terms he is a child, and behaves like one.

User avatar
Jonty2547
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:10 pm
Location: Suffolk

Re: AoS

Unread post by Jonty2547 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:24 pm

P.S Only the lower orders don't have a garden

Marco


Great, he has a garden...

in the middle of a shit hole council estate in Wales.
How the other half live eh :doh:
What a twat!
TT- Thorens TD160B MKII with SME 3009, SL1210 and PL-71. Amps-NVA P50sa/A40's & Phono 1.
DAC-Bushmaster MKII. CDP- Sony X555ES. Speakers-B&W 705 with LS1.

User avatar
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Posts: 30883
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 pm
Location: Muppet Labs
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:31 pm

Interesting - it used to be the gatehouse of a country estate, lived in by a servant, probably gardener. The estate land was bought and a cheap housing estate was built on it, by the look of it council. So he occupies the gatehouse to a council estate, next to the pub, reaaally salubrious. And the blinged up old Merc diesel taxi parked outside really sets the tone.

User avatar
CN211276
Posts: 2292
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:29 am
Location: Cardiff
Wales

Re: AoS

Unread post by CN211276 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:45 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:31 pm
Interesting - it used to be the gatehouse of a country estate, lived in by a servant, probably gardener. The estate land was bought and a cheap housing estate was built on it, by the look of it council. So he occupies the gatehouse to a council estate, next to the pub, reaaally salubrious. And the blinged up old Merc diesel taxi parked outside really sets the tone.
And dont forget he lives off the back of his wife and the money he can scrounge from mug forum members.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Mscaler/Qutest, NVA BMU, P90SA, A80sMk2, Phono 1, SSP Mk 2, TSCS, TIS mk2, Cube 1s, Atacama stands, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, Grado SR 325e, headphones.

Second system
Chord Mojo (also HP amp), NVA P20, A20, Cubettes, SSC, LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Post Reply