AoS

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
CaterhamKev
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by CaterhamKev » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:04 pm

There must be something in these grounding boxes if Mr Firebottle bought one.
Having met him, he does not come across as a fool who would part easily with his money for the next new thing.

Lurcher300b
Great Britain

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:15 pm

Usually vinyl sounds better even if it's source or mastering. I've yet to hear the claimed superior dynamic range of CD even before loudly mastered CDs hit the market.
Thats fine until you try recording vinyl to CD and find it sounds just like the vinyl.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:16 pm

Kev - You watch there is more to this than meet the eye, I smell a rat. Firey designed amps at Coherent :think:

Also how much is having Firey as a shill at AoS worth, again :think:

CaterhamKev
Great Britain

Unread post by CaterhamKev » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:59 pm

I am willing to wait and watch to see what happens.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:13 pm

It seems like Fiery has given up on his phono stages and has been rounded up by the Coherent Cowboy. :lol:
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/MCRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Mscaler-Qutest/MCRU PS, Geitnote Apogee, NVA BMU, P90SA, A80sMk2, Phono 1, SSP Mk 2, TSCS, TIS mk2, Cube 1s, Atacama stands, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, Grado SR 325e, headphones.

Second system
Chord Mojo (also HP amp), NVA P20, A20, Cubettes, SSC, LS3.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

mules

Unread post by mules » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:28 pm

How long until Bigmong comes in in favour of the grounding box, now his 'partner in shill' is in? Also his best customer should weigh in too; been to his house, heard his valve amp and can't believe it sounds flat and laid back!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:31 pm

Big Boy Scout / Big Bluebottle has taken over phonostages from fireybum, his image from his performance so far is a bit funny.

http://bloodnok.net/aac/bandaged.m4a

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:39 pm

Looks like the planets are going to align at Fireybum towers sooner rather than later, with regards the sealed cat litter box slurp. Biggy (waves to him in stealth mode) is going to do it blindfolded with Alan, so prepare for shill centric cobblers aplenty. Its gonna be the biggest improvement since the Shillfire Cable and the BiggBotty amp :naughty:
"Nobody flounces better, makes me feel sad for the rest
Nobody flounces half as good as you, BigBottyFlouncy, you're the best"
:clap:

keepitsimplestupid
Great Britain

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:20 pm

With regard cd vs hi-res there's good reason why some dacs might make them sound different as cd rate dacs can fold back out of band noise into the audio band, whereas with the hi-res version this fold back would still be above the audio band. (Making all the other usual assumptions about the hi-res being perfectly downsampled to provide the cd res version etc etc).

Given a perfect cd rate dac with none of this fold back though and it should indeed be impossible to tell them apart.

My own dac has a bunch of user selectable filters, i'll be buggered if I can identify them blind though. Defo in the category of 'not different enough to matter' to my ears at least.

The CD vs vinyl debate is an odd one I have a lot of records where the vinyl master is much less compressed than the cd version. Back To Black by the late Miss Winehouse is 6db less compressed on vinyl and all the better for it.

Still waiting for an explanation of these magical boxes though.

Zathras_
Aruba

Unread post by Zathras_ » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:52 am

The Doc smells a rat, Zathras thinks it’s this one,

“Originally Posted by Macca View Post
Isn't Annie Lennox supposed to sound screechy?”

Only when she's bent over and you're ramming it up her arse

Marco.

Zathras will direct anybody who questions why The bollock chined one has so much derision thrown at him to the post above. Truly a well adjusted adult.