AoS

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:58 pm

A Marco goose involves index finger and a female bum crack :violence-smack:

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:16 am

Be filled with Christmas spirit like Ocram shows late on Christmas eve. Note the drunken mistype

Oh, and not forgetting also that all supporting members with over 1000 posts will, on request, receive an extended PM message allowance of 500 PMs. So folks, if you quality and would like that upgrade, just ask!

Marco.

But you have to ask, he cannot be bothered to just do it, make them ask so they know how wonderful you are.

Goose costs covered then!!

scotty38
Great Britain

Unread post by scotty38 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:24 pm

What a treat,,,,

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:01 pm

The main part of the problem is he sees members as *his* members, not forum members. Remember everything on the planet revolves around Marco in his mind.

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:02 pm

Yes they are dudes, mates, pals unlike any other forum, must draw a certain type.

I loved the way a supra Cat8 ethernet cable made his system sound better. He thought it was because less packets were lost. Does not understand buffers, thinks it is like analogue signals. Typical artistic type, sounds plausible but clueless.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:39 pm

We have had multiple examples of this ignorance over the years, yet it seems no one has the knowledge or bottle to call him out and correct him there, I tried and got banned (my first one), Marco is always right even when he is wrong. So many bits of stoopidity it would be hard to list them all.

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:01 pm

This is the source of much amusement.

Supra CAT 8 STP PATCH
I've just wired up the hard-drives in my streaming system with this stuff: http://www.jenving.com/products/view/ca ... 1001908589

...replacing fairly bog-standard ethernet cables, and have observed a notable increase in detail and resolution from my music streaming. Page loading of album information also seemed faster. I'll go into more detail later, as it's now time for

I'll also be installing Supra HDMI cables: http://www.jenving.com/products/hdmi-hdmi-136

...and seeing whether they offer any improvement over my current Monoprice ones, so watch this space!

Marco.

We are watching and waiting advertising sucker
CAT 8 STP PATCH
Supra Cat 8 Network Patch Cable - Astonishing speed and accuracy!

Supra Cat 8 is once more one step ahead by providing a future proof cable, e.g. 40GBASE-T over one singel cable! It is used beneficially in TCP/IP and UDP applications where bit-correct, jitter-free data transmissions is critical, e.g. 4K and 8K video streaming, high quality music streaming (e.g. 32 bits @ < 700 kHz for some downloadable music and in-studio applications), gaming and data centers, and in-building installations such as hotels, conference facilities, among others.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:20 pm

I will leave others to comment as this is not my area of knowledge. But on past history it will be egocentric bollocks with one purpose to try and prove he is a hi-fi guru.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:21 pm

Supra DO make very good cables. The best USB link I have is one of theirs, along with digital coax and speaker cables from them as well.

Swedish-made, reasonable pricing and excellent construction.
Main: NVA: P50sa - SSP - A40 - LS6 - Cube3
Pi: Allo DigiOne Signature/Volumio/Tomanek LPSU/Jitterbug
DAC: Metrum Acoustics Musette CD Transport: Cambridge CXC
Headphones: AQ NightHawk & NightOwl Amp: Schiit Magni-3
DAC: Cambridge DacMagic Plus + Sbooster LPSU

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:11 pm

Interesting Ocram takes consolation from a member AJSki2fly who says

Yes you should see an improvement certainly in speed, this will be due to less data drop, so less hand shaking to validate packets, that’s the theory anyway, whether you actually get a SQ improvement is another matter. We use that at work on multiple servers and switches, and IVR’s they service a huge amount of data on a daily basis 24/7.

grasping at straws and ingnoring the members whether you actually get a SQ improvement is another matter.
Proving Ocram is a fantasist, hearing what he wants to hear. Desperado. Cannot distinguish between the vast amounts of data refered to and the tiny trickling stream his music uses.

Cheers, Adrian. It's definitely 'cheered things up' nicely, in all areas, and done what it's designed to do. Highly recommended

Stick to your styluses Ocram, all areas. I’ll pass on your recommendations