AoS

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 pm

As time goes on the more his NVA ban makes him look an arse. So what that we find him a hilarious subhuman we cannot ignore, whose fault is that, if he wasn't a hilarious ego driven sub human we would have nothing to talk about. In fact recently the attention of the *eye* in Mordor has been focused on Wigwam and Marco has been quite quiet (for him), but the Cadmium and forum slurp sagas have turned the attention back on him / them.

A couple of years ago he asked us if we would bin this thread and censor any comment about him or AoS here then he would then remove the bans on talking about us. So you can see the mindset, as that is what he does "you talk about what I tell you you can" is the rule at AoS, here the rule is *as long as it it not illegal or liable to libel law them members here can say what they like about non forum members or other forums or anything else - we have rules as to how we speak to each other, but that is a different thing.

I still don't understand why AoS members put up with it, and are now asked to pay him for it, seems daft IMO, it should kill the forum, but it seems lots will put up with it. Would they put up with if it was their newspaper or TV station that did it - I think not.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:18 am

A badge holder mentioned NVA today, would seem to be a recommendation. The posts were removed by Il Duce. It seems no further action was taken. I'm sure the badge holder was aware of the ban.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:29 am

If you know how to find it then there are lots of mentions of NVA within the AOS archived pages.

Here's an example:

jandl100

I would thoroughly recommend NVA amps and the customer service that goes with it.

Richard Dunn was kind enough to loan me several power amps to try out ... from the smaller models up to the then top of the range A80 monoblock amps. A very consistent house sound, but worthwhile improvements as you went up the range. I bought the A80's in the end and hung on to them for a long time (for me!).

Natural, musical, spacious, dynamic. Very nice.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:58 am

Well that one will now be binned tomorrow - you watch.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:34 am

Can see him spending days going through the archives :lol:
And northwest of Pegasus

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system

Out and about

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:43 am

Here's another:

Floyddroid

I bought one of these blighters from the NVA ebay shop and i have to say without doubt it is the best Phono stage i have ever owned and i have had a fair few. Power supplies are a bit noisy so i am thinking about isolating tham somehow but the sound is bitching.

:guitar::rock::carrot::respect:
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:16 am

I forsee an earthquake in Wrexham. :lol: :lol: :lol:
And northwest of Pegasus

Second system

Out and about

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:47 am

Naw, that is just his morning dump :lol:

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:18 am

Four logs said the naughty boy desperate to be gang leader and ‘have respect’

Caps Lock

Unread post by Caps Lock » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:46 pm

He's all pally with Shane again well it is the season of goodwill, and gis ya donation 😅