AoS

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
CN211276
Wales

Re: AoS

Unread post by CN211276 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:24 pm

Just wish more members would get a bit of backbone and be prepared to walk or get booted.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

My thoughts exactly. Marco is the cause of all this nonsense and It is not difficult for anyone with half a brain to see through him.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:46 am

I know its world cup football and summer, but even so I have no loans booked. Once again every forum apart from Audio Talk and Audio Addicts have had no mention of it. It would be useful if some members informed other forums about it. Some people of course will call it selling, but not me, as I have said over and over and over and over and....................again I am only interested in people *hearing* NVA and then posting results from it. If NVA is as good as I think then sales take care of themselves. BUT I am sure the stooooopid allegations and dissing will be there as a pollutant.

Remember if England win the world cup I am giving a celebratory 25% discount on ALL product even the starter kit.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:15 pm

Well we now have proper pictures of the venue - what a feckin' waste of time - it is a miracle any differences showed, and I can tell you for certainty most would not have been shown up. FFS you need a PA for that hall so the Krell was a good choice for power. The sheer oddity of shape and size in that hall makes any real comparison a waste of time. Who has a listening room like that. Owston is bad enough but that is daft.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:25 pm

And a mention of NVA...

"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:32 pm

Go on, Firey...

Never
Venture
A......??

I like a bit of humour, and you've clearly gone to a lot of effort...post a proper pic of the t-shirt.
Last edited by savvypaul on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Hemmo1969
Great Britain

Unread post by Hemmo1969 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:52 pm

savvypaul wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:25 pm
And a mention of NVA...

I never realised it was fancy dress??

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:00 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:13 pm

savvypaul wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:32 pm
Go on, Firey...

Never
Venture
A......??

I like a bit of humour, and you've clearly gone to a lot of effort...post a proper pic of the t-shirt.

Good spot Savvy, shows up the agenda and why I told him where to stick himself and his phono stage - does he want to be a proper hi-fi designer / manufacturer or a clown?

For those who can't see it just download the photo and enlarge the reflection in the mirror.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:04 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:15 pm
Well we now have proper pictures of the venue - what a feckin' waste of time - it is a miracle any differences showed, and I can tell you for certainty most would not have been shown up. FFS you need a PA for that hall so the Krell was a good choice for power. The sheer oddity of shape and size in that hall makes any real comparison a waste of time. Who has a listening room like that. Owston is bad enough but that is daft.

It looks like a room we are seeking to book for a party next month with a disco. :lol:
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:19 pm

From Bigboy - "It was very easy to hear differences between the phonostages and has been mentioned, the system certainly showed everything in its full glory".

Let me correct it for you so we can have some reality - It was very easy to hear some differences between the phonostages and has been mentioned, the system certainly didn't show everything in its full glory. Why do you think opinions were so divided and in some case differences were impossible to hear. It was not that there were no differences - there are ALWAYS differences - you just couldn't hear them.

You see you only know what you know and what you were *allowed* to hear. For me from 40 years of experience I *know* the room and the dem system lost you lots of differences. A PA is not the way to find out how a hi-fi should produce music. OK Macca likes a home PA, slightly modified by a NVA passive pre (by the way was that there and just hidden from view so it couldn't be photo-ed or talked about, or was another pre used). The TT was fine if for me just not my taste. At a bake off nearly 10 years ago in Epping even my old Pioneer PL71 pissed on it, grey and boring was the general opinion. Best there was a Garrard 401 with the PL71 a close second. Linn LP12 caused great humour and distaste.

Bizarrely they seem to think these results are an ultimate comparison - sadly completely deluded. MCRU's venue, even if slightly on the too large size, would be far better and show far more and better quality differences.