AoS

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat May 12, 2018 12:37 am

Wet Cotlake wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:27 pm
So I think you are saying it is the level of surface contact that is important and IEC connectors have much less contact compared to a hard wired option or 15A or Schuko connection. Accepting that basic shortcoming of the IEC connection, within the peramiters of performance and safety requirements, (my experience is quality IEC connectors are much tighter and harder to separate than their alternatives) is there anything that suggests the IEC socket/plug is actually inadequate. Is sound performance compromised? Is it less safe? Is it just another way of doing it satisfactorily?
Pretty obvious I would have thought, everything is judged here by music not hi-fi. Mains cables can sound different and some can sound better, but not at an important level in the music as with interconnects and speaker cable, but the process of creating music blockages, as all plugs and sockets and cables do, does not help this process, some are just worse than others, it is ameliorated by hard wiring where you can.

ANYTHING that sits in the signal path will damage the music to a greater or lesser degree, it is just some things are essential to have otherwise the process doesn't work. That is the process of choice and compromise.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sat May 12, 2018 9:28 am

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 12:18 am
It is not that simple it has been going on for years, it has its own history and its own momentum, none of it instigated by me. It is largely now piss take and showing them up for the frauds they are - they don't want honest comparison, never have done. The only time it happened they had to be tricked into it, and they have regretted it ever since.

The process here is largely for people on the other forums who read here to see them for what they are, not what they pretend to be. I expect nothing positive to ever come from them only games and conflict. So we play as well.

I / we have always been completely open and honest in bake-offs, loans, or any form of comparisons. We do not ban people or products from attending or joining in, yet the ones we are organising at Savvy's gaff are being deliberately ignored or excuses made not to attend, yet NVA and me are banned at (it seems) any other bake-offs these forums are organising - think about that, it doesn't take much intelligence to work out the truth that they are scared shitless they will not WIN any bake offs. You see for us that is wrong attitude, I will put my product up even if I know something else is better (not happened yet), it is the reality that is important not lies and manipulation and marketing.

If you are a genuine member here you know the only thing that interests us is music, and the more enjoyment of it.

I have said it over and over and over and over again. I never instigate conflict, I respond to conflict instigated on me, and that is a fact that can be proved in archives. If I cannot avoid a war I will simply enjoy fighting it. BUT in EVERY situation I will make peace, the offer is there all the time to all of them, it requires honesty and going back to day one and forgetting the past. I have offered it over and over again and been ignored or refused. One example here that seems to be working is with SQ(whatever), we are making a forum relationship work here after years of rudeness and conflict - it can be done, people just have to be willing.
Oliver (Bigman80) has said he is still keen to get up to mine some time. I'm happy to host him (he can bring some of Alan's phono stages) and SQ and yourself for a Firebottle / NVA / Paradise session. I think we'd have a great day.
"Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch, It generates a warmth around the ground that augurs well for mankind."

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat May 12, 2018 9:32 am

I admire your optimism.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sat May 12, 2018 10:18 am

Alan said he didn't want to travel far...he wouldn't have to travel at all. Oliver has said he is happy to come to mine. SQ is fairly near to me. I have the Phono 2 here so no need for you to carry gear on the train.

It's not so much optimism as determination to remove the obstacles to making it happen. In scenarios that have the potential for difficulty, I would rather be 'unfailingly reasonable' so as not to give anyone an excuse to withdraw.
"Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch, It generates a warmth around the ground that augurs well for mankind."

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat May 12, 2018 10:37 am

I admire your optimism even more.

The Elephant in the room will be trying his hardest to sit on it.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ » Sat May 12, 2018 10:41 am

Could Nick attend too with his cheapie stage?
...I have renounced the worldly bustle and live in peace at a quiet place,
I live alone in this my heaven, in my love (and) in my songs.

Lurcher300b
Great Britain

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Sat May 12, 2018 10:45 am

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 10:41 am
Could Nick attend too with his cheapie stage?

No problem with that from my side.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sat May 12, 2018 10:57 am

Nick, you are always welcome at mine.

You coming up too, DSJR?

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sat May 12, 2018 10:59 am

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 10:37 am
I admire your optimism even more.

The Elephant in the room will be trying his hardest to sit on it.
Alan joined here to agree to the bake off, so you have to assume that he either squared it with Marco beforehand or that he doesn't need to.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat May 12, 2018 11:01 am

Nick has one in the middle price bracket now as well (I think).