AoS

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:06 pm

Marco chose to make 'war' and found that he could not win. A more intelligent person would have given up much earlier.

The NVA ban is his admission that he is unable to moderate both his forum and himself.

There is no damage to NVA.

The 'NVA ban page' at AOS shows up very nicely in Google results and regularly sends visitors to HFS (probably also to NVA).
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Lindsayt
Marshall Islands

Unread post by Lindsayt » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:36 pm

So, Hi-fi Subjectivist is the equivalent of Frankie Goes to Hollwood's Relax?
And Marco is the equivalent of Mike Read?

Or are we the equivalent of Ken Dod's I'm Always Chasing Rainbows?
With Marco as the BBC?

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:45 pm

Or HFS is The Sex Pistols' 'God Save The Queen'...
...and Marco is the un-elected figurehead of a failed and outdated institution.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Lindsayt
Marshall Islands

Unread post by Lindsayt » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:26 pm

Just as well I didn't mention "I am the Walrus"

keepitsimplestupid
Great Britain

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:30 pm

I don't think you suffer by not being on any hostile forum. It's easier to keep a good rep elsewhere if one doesn't bathe in dirty water.

Forum users go to multiple sites, ultimately they build a picture up for themselves. Life's easier if they can only find good things said about a brand online.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:33 pm

Lindsayt wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:26 pm
Just as well I didn't mention "I am the Walrus"
"Let your (skiddy) knickers down"

HiFi Foo Fight Blog

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:46 pm

keepitsimplestupid wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:30 pm
I don't think you suffer by not being on any hostile forum. It's easier to keep a good rep elsewhere if one doesn't bathe in dirty water.

Forum users go to multiple sites, ultimately they build a picture up for themselves. Life's easier if they can only find good things said about a brand online.
Nonsense, you if anyone should know what started this over 10 years ago, with me telling the truth about this industry (especially Linn Naim) on forums, and being attacked. Look now at people opinions now most people agree with me and see the truth, but has that altered the position regarding me - NO, this was never anything about NVA that just got caught up in the shit, it has always been about ME.

Anyway with our history it would be better if you stayed away from comment on this subject.

EDIT - looks like I misinterpreted your post, but anyway I will let the above stand as it needed saying.

slinger
Great Britain

Unread post by slinger » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:29 pm

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:38 am
Brian Griffin wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:34 am

yes andre is a mini-version of marco. no loss
Not the Andr'e I know...
Same here. I'm not saying he doesn't have faults. we all have faults but like Marco? No way.
Amps - NVA P50, A30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

keepitsimplestupid
Great Britain

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:30 pm

Doc, It wasn't intended as a comment on your history, just a general opinion on the easiest way to do well on the web. Paul Darwin at Rega typifies professionalism in the industry for me.

I have absolutely no doubt that you suffered due to the Linn/ Naim hegemony, many good brands did. The fact that NVA survived and prospers speaks volumes about your tenacity and product offering.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:43 pm

Told you I read your post wrongly. I would have corrected it but I want to say that, but not specific to you.

I don't want to be professional, I want to be a hobby-ist like my customers. I draw no difference between me and them. The trouble with *the professionals* is they don't really want customer contact that is why many of them still want to use retailers, it is snobbish, ego based bollocks, who the hell do they think they are and Rega are one of the main offenders. They want to set themselves up as hi-fi gods, and their reps and hangers on as gurus. It completely irritates me, anyone here has an opinion that has the same validity as mine. My advantage is many many (probably too many) years playing with it.

If being professional makes me an arse like them then I am not one and don't want to be one. I know I am the odd one out, the odd person, but that is the way it is.