AoS

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Eric Shun
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by Eric Shun » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:51 pm

Somebody is reading the comments here and posting their response on the Art of Shill:
Biggy on AoS wrote:Also, while I'm here. Just to end any speculation, the cost is £140 per metre pair. I also must remind folks, I'm a hobbyist not a company/trader so this is offered on this forum only. A forum build offer, so to speak.
:epopc:
Read all about it on The Cloak Online
https://thecloakonline.blogspot.com

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Mr Bigman can we borrow a set for the Interconnect bake-off at Savvy's place.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:46 pm

O dear is hopes of getting rich appear to be hanging by an interconnect
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Bigman80
Great Britain

Unread post by Bigman80 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:03 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:32 pm
Mr Bigman can we borrow a set for the Interconnect bake-off at Savvy's place.
Hi Doc,

I don't usually read the AOS part of this forum due to the insanely out of control bullshit that's said but when I get a call from a member of your forum (Still waiting for his purchase from Black Friday BTW) telling me what's being said, I decided to have a look.

A few corrections

1) I'm not a security guard? I'm not sure how this conclusion has been reached but, no, not a security guard.

2) Not trying to get rich via HIFI. Just make things that are affordable, beneficial and high quality

3) I won't be revealing the cable suppliers identity. I've invested my time and money in digging this stuff up and if anyone wants to know what it is, they can do the same. I'm sure you understand that as you found a great cable in the SSC (Heard some here)

4) Don't need a PhD to "Have a go" at making anything.

Hope that clears a few things up.

So, Savvy Paul is having a bakeoff. Nice.

An incredibly biased NVA crowd evaluating NVA SSC v the SPOTFIRE? Behave lol.

Happy to provide a pair to a neutral venue with neutral evaluators though so if Mr Brooks is doing anything in the future, let's get together.

PS, let's give the shit slinging a rest for a bit. It really is unnecessary. I'm a member here like the rest. Surely a bit of courtesy can be afforded?

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:25 pm

Blah blah blah, lies, lies, lies, shill, shill, shill, never visit, nasty people, blah, blah, blah :o
Bigman80 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:03 pm
PS, let's give the shit slinging a rest for a bit. It really is unnecessary. I'm a member here like the rest. Surely a bit of courtesy can be afforded?
Hahahahahaha, PMFL, ROTF, LOL (you choose your fav one line AoS answer Biggy)

But please do us a favour, the only time you ever pop up here, away from the comfort blanket of the Art of Shill, is when it suits your agenda. Its embarrassing to see you, Firebum and the Midlands Massive massaging your collective egos with one shill after another. All we need now is an official announcement of your engagement to Firebum. Secret wedding gifts a must though, as long as its a cable, plugs and is better than everything else out there in hifi land. :naughty:

It won't last I tell you, it won't last. :dance:

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:32 pm

Oh, and this is an absolute gem too
Bigman80 wrote:
You are having a giggle right? How can you keep a straight face when posting this drivel? For you to call HFS biased, from the viewpoint of you hiding away with your chums on AOS, where Jabba the Gutt won't allow discussion on certain manufacturers (nudge nudge, wink wink) simply has to be the funniest things you've posted since the last time you bit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bigman80
Great Britain

Unread post by Bigman80 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:37 pm

Eric Shun wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:32 pm
Oh, and this is an absolute gem too
Bigman80 wrote:
You are having a giggle right? How can you keep a straight face when posting this drivel? For you to call HFS biased, from the viewpoint of you hiding away with your chums on AOS, where Jabba the Gutt won't allow discussion on certain manufacturers (nudge nudge, wink wink) simply has to be the funniest things you've posted since the last time you bite :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ad hominem removed by moderator. No time for you ad hominem removed by moderator.

I spoke to the organ grinder, not the monkey.

Moderator comment: please play the ball, not the man.
Forthright /heated debate is OK. Please don't let it stray into ad hominem, especially personally insulting ad hominem.

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:49 pm

Bigman80 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:37 pm
No time for you ball sack. I spoke to the organ grinder.
Ad hominem removed by moderator, its all my pleasure! I aim to please and on this occasion, I appear to have hit the spot :dance: :guiness;

Moderator comment: this is an example of why ad hominem is not allowed in this forum as it leads to counter ad hominem which too often escalates into a war of personal insults.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Hi Bigman,

To understand how your interconnect performs, I'd have thought that comparison with a wide range of other cables and detailed, balanced feedback from listeners would be valuable to you. That is what you would get from a bake-off at my place. No agenda. No politics. No games. You would be welcome to attend. My aim is to promote bake-offs and I'm also keen to support those who sell direct at fair prices. You have nowt to fear.

So, if you want to stop shit slinging, you can start by withdrawing your especially shitty comment about bias and get one of your interconnects up to me for a bake-off. Better still, get yourself up to mine for the bake-off, shake hands, have a natter about all things hifi and have a worthwhile day listening to different kit...

SP
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Bigman80
Great Britain

Unread post by Bigman80 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:11 pm

savvypaul wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:57 pm
Hi Bigman,

To understand how your interconnect performs, I'd have thought that comparison with a wide range of other cables and detailed, balanced feedback from listeners would be valuable to you. That is what you would get from a bake-off at my place. No agenda. No politics. No games. You would be welcome to attend. My aim is to promote bake-offs and I'm also keen to support those who sell direct at fair prices. You have nowt to fear.

So, if you want to stop shit slinging, you can start by withdrawing your especially shitty comment about bias and get one of your interconnects up to me for a bake-off. Better still, get yourself up to mine for the bake-off, shake hands, have a natter about all things hifi and have a worthwhile day listening to different kit...

SP
Savvy,

Thank you for the invite. Where are you based? Details by PM obviously!

Have a look at your list of gear. It's "NVA all the way!!!" Good reason too, the stuff I have heard is excellent and I've said so wherever I can. I can name three folks who bought on black Friday due to my direct recommendation.

In the same way that i am accused of bias, so would you be if you preferred the NVA cable. It unavoidable unfortunately. I'm all good with the concept of bakeoff and applaud you for trying to put one together.

The bias comment wasn't aimed at anyone in particular either, it's just an observation as the guys/girls attending probably all originate from HFS. IF i am mistaken then I apologise.

If a visit to your bakeoff is feasible then I will attend in good faith and in high interest of hearing your system.