AoS

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Eric Shun
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by Eric Shun » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:37 pm

savvypaul wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:08 pm
If he sells them direct, at a fair price, with a trial period, and makes them available for bake-offs...then I wish him well.
I’m all for that SP, but they’d have more credibility if they were to not only have the odd failure (rather than gaining an improvement from each of these “new” discovery cables) or if somebody different had an opinion, rather than the same old names spouting the same old tedious cobblers. :bulls1:

As for fair objective bake offs ever appearing on AOS, shill is the only way anything like this gets a foothold there and Jabba the Gutt is more than happy to accommodate them :snooty:
Read all about it on The Cloak Online
https://thecloakonline.blogspot.com

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:45 pm

AOS is the back-slapping forum. They would rather be chummy than truthful. That is my 'charitable' assessment.

He would learn more by loaning them to members here. I'd be happy to include them in a bake-off.

He is still a member here AFAIK...
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:54 pm

I wonder if Jabba will be at the demand for blood money, sorry, trade account payment for Biggy’s new venture? He’s quick enough to publicly make the members there aware of an inbound PM to new members who appears to be selling, or will it be a similar arrangement to what Brains offers there? :naughty:

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:21 pm

Roll up, roll up, form an orderly queue on the Art of Shill, grab’em whilst their hot and before the Scottish mafia snap them all up and they sell out. Mind you, still no mention of costs yet, so come on Biggy, what’s the damage for these world beating cables? Remember to factor in your £50 trade account fee, every little helps. Oh, and if you try and trade via PM on the chummy Art of Shill, don’t forget that Jabba can access them and keep tabs on what your up to :naughty:

Philippe_Felop
France

Unread post by Philippe_Felop » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:52 pm

The full price of these Spotfire cables is £180 for a 1m pair, but Oliver is such a nice fella he might well negotiate.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:12 pm

Can you tell me how a Night Watchman (security) thinks he knows how to design cables, or is it that if you piss enough out some may stick. Mr nice guy as you call him endeared himself really well to us by lying and spinning the Uddersfield bake-off, sadly he was found out.

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:57 pm

Simple answer Doc is that he doesn't. What gets me is that these part timers manage to find cable and plug combinations that always seem to take their enjoyment to another level. Perhaps he should have called it Stratospheric, but where does he go from there? Biggy's Orbit cables anybody? :P

It also wouldn't surprise me if some of the sheep there are so shit scared to comment in public that one of these homebrew lash-up cables are worse than what they already have, but the spectre of Il Duce and the friendly forum shooting them down in flames looms large. Chummy rather than truthful indeed SP, many a true word spoken in jest :clap:

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:27 pm

Objective comments on products which are part of these chummy shills are strictly prohibited. I was banned for referring to the Phono stage bake off where the open all hours did not come off too well.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 1s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:50 am

Comparison with NVA will never be allowed.

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:44 am

Here is thinking of you Mr Owner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWa7V17n2no
Got himself a gang. Now do what I say