AoS

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by Classicrock » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:06 pm

No nothing obvious to any unsuspecting newbie who has had no part in this conflict. I think new members will go away if they get one of Marco's PMs soon after joining. Forum posting is pretty much now down to a few asslickers.

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:17 pm

If i were a new member, the first thing i do is Google NVA, so his plan fails straight away!

Also, he might want to look closer to home as Biggy (waves to him in reading this in cloaked not so stealth mode) wants to use AOS for illegal file sharing! Seriously, you couldn't make it up! :naughty:
To be a shill, in a world that is constantly trying to make you buy something else, is the greatest accomplishment.
[Biggy, TAS 2018]

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:29 pm

Biggys file sharing request thread has been pulled, but not before a member of the moderation team moved it to what they thought was a more appropriate sub-forum :snooty: I wonder if a moderator will be getting six month no questions asked ban for incompetence :dance:
To be a shill, in a world that is constantly trying to make you buy something else, is the greatest accomplishment.
[Biggy, TAS 2018]

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:43 pm

"no matter its arguable sonic attributes or VFM, which is NOT the point"

Pretty strange for those things not to be discussed on a hifi forum.

Marco, here's my plan to save you from spontaneous combustion...and save AOS from a slow but certain death:

1. Remove the ban on NVA - it is ludicrous and self-defeating...NVA (and HFS) have never been busier.
2. Moderate your forum properly and impartially - it's the failure to do this that has caused acrimony. In fact, you joined in to deliberately fuel the acrimony. Get a proper moderator.
3. Clamp down on shilling and spamming - your forum is in real danger of being overrun by backslapping slurpers.
4. Value and respect opinions other than your own.

While the above remain unaddressed, expect this thread to continue to thrive.
"Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch, It generates a warmth around the ground that augurs well for mankind."

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

DanDarethe3rd
Great Britain

Unread post by DanDarethe3rd » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:30 pm

Mr Dunn and others,

I am the “Bonky” mentioned in the latest AoS acrimony. I have joined your forum for one day so I can put the record straight.

There was never any negative review/comment/implication of a NVA power supply smoking. The ‘smoking’ PS in question was for the iFi phono (1 and 2). I sent a similar inquiry to AnalogueSeduction.

However, in the AoS thread when I (innocently - although I knew about the ban) mentioned NVA I was immediately pulled-up about it and the reference was deleted. Unfortunately they also accidentally deleted the bit about iFi, and so it may have read that I was questioning the reliability of said NVA unit. (I say ‘may’ as I didn’t read the first truncated/edited version of my original message).

I did receive an apology and, I believe, the reference to any smoking PS has also been deleted.

Whatever has gone between you and Marco/AoS is none of my business and I don’t intend to make it so, but I don’t want my simple enquiry to be used for the mischief of others.

I hasten to add that I’m a member of other forums and have always read good reviews of the NVA equipment. A very great shame that there is so much mistrust and acrimony between the two forum owners and their disciples.

Let’s all calm down and get a sense of perspective.

Richard/Bonky

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Thanks for that, I am pleased you weren't libelling NVA as I have had enough of the lies, you are welcome to stay here and post, and also take advantage of the loans schemes and then you can speak with authority about NVA instead of repeating or thinking what others say.

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:28 am

Voice of ownership dwindles. 4 yesterday.
1 extreme rant and rave with brimstone on those who haven’t read his hatred,
2 about a visit to his subjects
And one Three Words cultural experience ‘recently saturated tights’ now imagine the finesse of mind that created that late at night.

Beware your owner AoSers. Who will be the first to tell him to be a silent owner.

Eric Shun
Great Britain

Unread post by Eric Shun » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:25 am

Despite the very best efforts of the Scottish mafia to big it up, Biggys (waves at him reading this in cloaked mode) revolutionary Shillfire cable was dying a slow painful death and was almost consigned, like many others, to the AoS cable graveyard. But wait, it must be time for bump, so enter stage right a member of the Midlands massive to claim its the best thing since the last AoS cable discovery! Cagey and Brains choke on their corn flakes and must be quaking in their high heels! The smell of the bullshit has even manage to drift all the way to the Forest of Dean where tinkerer in chief Jerry/Jandl100 can senses something in the breeze. :snooty:

Who yer trying to kid Biggy? :naughty: Not time to give up the security guard duties just yet my good man :dance:
[Biggy, TAS 2018]

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:51 pm

We still haven't been offered places on your list. Build a new one and do a list here, we would luv to hear it.

alfer
Great Britain

Unread post by alfer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:18 pm

Is Comar the Bulky influencing things perhaps? Throwing his weight around a bit