PFM

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
keepitsimplestupid
Great Britain

Re: PFM

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:34 pm

Friend of a friend in Leeds had one, phono 2 I think, single box, It'd be maybe 3 years back now. I didn't hear anything at the national show, apart from your voice. I had a good listen at scalford though when you had all the statement stuff and that Pioneer deck, was that 2010?

DQ, you could have clarified what you meant before nick interjected, but didn't. I've moved on.

Edit, think I have my venues mixed up...was the small room at whittlebury, just off the corridor after Dave cawleys spot
Last edited by keepitsimplestupid on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:47 pm

Now I hate to repeat myself so I'll just let you and the readers reread the thread. ;)
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

keepitsimplestupid
Great Britain

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:45 pm

I'm still none the wiser, just come out and say it. I undertstand your professional aversion to going on the record.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:48 am

Whittlebury, you thought I didn't know who you were. As you have admitted you experience of nva is *next to nil* I still think you should correct that if you actually wish to find reality, but perhaps you are just happy being in ignorance. In which case then say so. I fully admit I am totally ignorant of your phono stage I haven't even read the threads. There was the threat of one at Yorkshire hifi club (MCRU) phono stage bake-off, but it sadly didn't turn up. The difference between us is I want to and look forward to hearing this phono stage of yours, I have no fear of it, as I say it is welcome to be better than nva, the same as Fireybums one was welcome to beat nva sadly it crashed with its bum on fire :lol: (IMO) little real music there, just sploggy valve stuff, pleasant enough if that is what you want. I would expect your effort to be far better the same as Nicks one was far better.

i may make stuff but I am a musical hi-fi enthusiast, not a slurper. I want hear what is best.

keepitsimplestupid
Great Britain

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:23 pm

It never for one second occurred to me to consider whether you would recognise me or not at Whittlebury, why would I possibly care?

"Next to Nil", yeh i figure less than 20 minutes total listening time, on a handful of occasions, in unfamiliar systems, spaced out over 10 years probably counts as next to nil. Not sure how else to characterise it.

I'm glad you look forward to hearing a Paradise, I'm sure you'll get you wish at some point in the not too distant future. Maybe at the AudioSTandard do.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:27 pm

FFS what is this about, why should I care if you care if I care. From our conversation I made my presumption, it made me laugh so I always remember it, as you said so "you are the same face to face" or words to that effect.

I simply do not believe you, list the occasions you listened to a NVA phono stage, remember you and the other two made a point of refusing to listen to NVA and published that fact.

So you are still refusing to show us how good it is in comparison with other units, what are you scared of, we had the same situation with Fireybum. You or one of your customers can organise it, or you can let Savvy or another member here do it, I really do not care. It is a simple matter if you want to blag up or scam a product here then *you are required* to put up or shut up, which would you prefer.

keepitsimplestupid
Great Britain

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:00 pm

Richard, I'm not sure who you had a conversation with at Whittlebury, It certainly wasn't me. I've never spoken a single word to you. Ever.

Perhaps you're mixing me up with kiteshopdave who came with Mark and I that day. This often happens as Dave and Mark tend to walk the shows together and Mark's easily recognised, so people often assume Dave is me. Daves a chatty sort, very pleasant with it as well and genuinely interested in all aspects of hifi. That might explain why you thought I was different face to face, because it wasn't me.

At a hifi show I do the rounds on my own, say nothing and listen to the music. The only time i'll pipe up is if a dealer is running a queer pitch and asking people if they agree with him.

Ill have my Phonostage at the AS Reading do this weekend, ill see anyone who's interested enough there.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:30 am

It was you.

It seems my little wind up of the Vicar worked, I have no secret membership and never intended to go. Just teasing him about his stupid rules just like I do Marco. He pretends they are different but effectively they are the same

keepitsimplestupid
Great Britain

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:57 am

It definitely wasn't me Richard. As I said I've never spoken a single word to you in person.

Track back to 2010 in your head. You've just been banned from loads of websites, I've contributed heavily to your ban on PFM. Why would I bother talking to you. I didn't like you, I had no interest in your gear and gloating is not in my nature.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Disregarding the obvious then Si, why did you join HFS if you have no interest in NVA?
Heavily modified LP12, Sole VIII sub-chassis, "In Sole" advanced polymer suspension, Ai bearing, PU7, DV20X2, Norton Airpower clone. Technics SL110A, AT 1005, Denon DL301A. NVA Phono 2 MC (2 power supplies), NVA P50 SA, NVA A40 Mk1 power amps, custom birch ply Allison 6/NVA Cube 1 clones, NVA TIS mk2 , SSC, LS6.