PFM

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
keepitsimplestupid
Great Britain

Re: PFM

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:44 pm

If I saw a bake off with a selection of kit that interested me and was close enough I might turn up. Frankly though my weekends are for cycling and kitesurfing or spending with the family. I have very little interest in shows and the like these days, and zero interest in being part of some dog and pony show for any brand, retailer or web forum.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:08 pm

keepitsimplestupid wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:44 pm
...zero interest in being part of some dog and pony show for any brand, retailer or web forum.
Including for Arkless?
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:25 pm

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:44 pm
If I saw a bake off with a selection of kit that interested me and was close enough I might turn up. Frankly though my weekends are for cycling and kitesurfing or spending with the family. I have very little interest in shows and the like these days, and zero interest in being part of some dog and pony show for any brand, retailer or web forum.
We are responding to you and your comments, all we have done is turn your silly little spat with DQ back to reality. You claim here you no longer care and yet you jump in to defend you baby with what is just rhetoric, we have offered to let you show the truth in your rhetoric, so you turn it around to try and get it to reflect on us " some dog and pony show", sorry you are reverting back to type, I thought we were going to have a new you, the above just goes back to bitch comment which is how you acquired your nickname.

It can be any Paradise phono stage owner as far as I concerned. All I am interested in is find the bullshit and the bullshitters, and inversely find the truth and the truth sayers. You can tell the bullshitters by refusal to participate like you post above. NO TRUE music lover or so called audiophile should be scared of musical reality and run away from it, for all I know the Paradise could piss on all comers, and good for it if it does, so why are you scared to find out.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:30 pm

Of course there is an alternative, I much prefer the bake-off as it stops deliberate lies or bias, but you are a member here so you can get a NVA phono stage on loan by joining the loan scheme here. I have been surprised and pleased by this process as only two people have played the goat out of many many loanees, goats are easy to spot.

keepitsimplestupid
Great Britain

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:12 pm

This has the potential to quickly head off in a direction that I have no wish to travel.

Thanks for your kind offer but I don't wish to partake in a home demo of a phonostage from NVA. I've heard them before, good sound for the money, but not the audio direction that i'm travelling in. I wouldn't want you to feel that my thoughts on how they sound could be clouded by my hand in the Paradise or my relationships with anyone else making hifi, so best not for me to partake of your kind offer.

I see no link between wishing to correct an incorrect statement about a product and requiring myself to demo that product to prove its credentials, irrespective of my part in its creation. The simple fact remains that matching the input stage improves the sound and adding a third cap to the mains filter lowers the ripple. There's nothing controversial there, or that demands proof.

As I said I have no interest in attending at an event organised by brand, dealer or retailer (I might break that rule for a mate- Paul). Been there, done that, multiple bake offs and three times at Scalford. If I was financially invested in making the Paradise that might be different, but I'm not. I make them for pleasure and charge less than £10 p/h on top of parts for building them.

If a bake off was taking place and I thought that the quality of gear on show would allow the Paradise not to be held back then I'd happily make it available for someone to take along. But there's no point in trying to hear what it can do with a mish mash of mid-fi and odd speaker/room pairings.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:30 pm

it wasn't incorrect. I could have spelt out what I said in 2 posts in 1.
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:36 pm

Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:12 pm
If I was financially invested in making the Paradise that might be different, but I'm not. I make them for pleasure and charge less than £10 p/h on top of parts for building them.
Ah, righto. I had it in my head that you were working on a 'commercial release' with Jez.

Would love to hear your own Paradise stage at some time.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:35 pm

When did you hear the NVA phono stage apart from at a national hi-fi show about 5 years ago, as far as I *am certain* you have never heard it apart from that. This goes back when you were operating with the tag team where you all said you refused to try NVA. So times have changed.

What you say about your involvement in it does make it trade. The bake off is best, at your place if you want, I don't need to be involved, one of my customers can bring it.Nothing to be scared of after all the promotion on PFM it must be an amazing piece of kit and I am fully prepared for NVA to be pissed on, if that is reality.

keepitsimplestupid
Great Britain

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:54 pm

Paul, I bought jez a set of cases for his phono project. And have heard the dev build, that's the total of my involvement. I'd l9ke to hear it in my own system at some point. No doubt he'll return the favour somewhere down the line when I need something serviced that's beyond my ken.

DQ, I 'was' interested in what you meant. I'm much less interested in what you can come up a day later after Nick accurately framed the situation for you.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:00 pm

All my responses pre date Nick's. Funny I thought distorting the truth was not your style
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS