Vinyl sales on track to earn more than CDs for the first time in over 30 years

All music posts here please.
CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Vinyl sales on track to earn more than CDs for the first time in over 30 years

Unread post by CN211276 »

TroutFisher wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:27 pm
CN211276 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:06 am
TroutFisher wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:53 pm If you’ve got a good vinyl source and good ears, you will always conclude the vinyl analogue system gives you the best sound. I and my band of audiophile friends have proved this over and over again. I have top quality streaming from qobuz (sonicOrbitor) and the vinyl sound beats it hands down every time, and that includes the highest resolution streamed music. The price of vinyl over CD is well justified. It costs more to produce and sounds better. Anyway, CD is a dying media. Streaming is the digital future, but good old analogue LP’s will continue to have a market. The longer the better IMHO.
Have you compared vinyl with a 24Bit 765 kHz stream?
I’m not sure I’ve ever streamed 24/765, but to be sure I have an ultimate streaming system using very fast Virgin Ethernet, SonicOrbitor, Roon. How many 24/765 albums do you have? Bugger all I suspect. I have hi res streaming capability and nothing sounds as good as my vinyl system and I spend most of my serious listening using vinyl. All our local bake offs confirms this. If you don’t recognise this you are missing something. Time to start the holy grail search again :grin:
I have the Chord M-scaler which upscales 24/96 to 765 and 16/44 to 705. To my ears, and many others, the difference is staggering and I dont believe any vinyl system can match it. The big provisor is that the rest of the system, most importantly speakers, have to be up to it. I believe that digital technolgy has left many speaker designs behind. This is not the case with Cubes I hasten to add.

I first became aware of the benefits of higher sample rates on a small number of very familiar albums on Qobuz. To my ears 192 represented a significant leap over 96. This got me interested in the M-Scaler. When I heard it at the dealers through thin floor standing speakers I was not greatly impressed. When I took it home on loan it was a different matter. The less than enthusiastic reports about upsamplinng seem to have one thing in common, speakers which I dont rate. Most who have heard the M-scaler would not be without it. There is a recent thread on PFM to this effect along with many posters concurring with my findings on Head-fi.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

TroutFisher
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Re: Vinyl sales on track to earn more than CDs for the first time in over 30 years

Unread post by TroutFisher »

I’m glad you are happy with your system. Such a shame you are missing out on so much. Of course, all you have said means nothing because you are not comparing your fancy streaming system with a vinyl system. I’ve done it. You have not. What you have to say is worthless. It has no meaning,........unless you make the comparison.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

TroutFisher wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:23 pm I’m glad you are happy with your system. Such a shame you are missing out on so much. Of course, all you have said means nothing because you are not comparing your fancy streaming system with a vinyl system. I’ve done it. You have not. What you have to say is worthless. It has no meaning,........unless you make the comparison.
I think you are the one missing out and you obviously have no knowledge of what upscaling brings to a system with the required transparancy. :grin:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc