The Spotify Generation

All music posts here please.
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: The Spotify Generation

Unread post by savvypaul »

My mate used to give his tapes names, like 'Classic Rabble' and 'Punx Not Dead'.

Every so often he would knock on the door and ask if I'd got one of them - he didn't want it back, just liked to know where it was.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

karatestu wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:33 am I suppose i ought to be embracing streaming, playlists etc but i just can't bring myself to do it . Not at the moment anyway. So much diy to do and other stuff the last thing i need is another project.

Must get all those cheap cd's snapped up whilst they are cheap
Why do you feel you OUGHT to ?
I spent the evening with some friends earlier in the week listening to a pretty top notch streaming system against his dad's decent, but not "high end" vinyl setup through the same speakers and we all agreed that on some material it was even stevens but on older recordings the vinyl trounced it. Personally I couldn't be bothered with it, even if it was better quality. The whole thing leaves me cold, not interested.
I do use Spotify to listen to stuff I've not heard then, if I like it, I'll buy the record.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

I love them both...but for different reasons.

Each does things for me that the other cannot...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/