What was the first record you bought

All music posts here please.
kimangelis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Re: What was the first record you bought

Unread post by kimangelis »

Nothing wrong with either... Just moved-on from Glam-Rock to Real-Rock. Always liked Hot Love and Jeepster though....

Now recall that the first single bought for me by my lovely mum was 'Cast your fate to the wind' by Sounds Orchestral. The B-side was 'To Wendy with love'. I was about 11 at the time, and she recognised my love of music when I was very young. Mum also bought me an LP which had TV programmes that used classical music for their theme tune. Amongst those I can recollect were The Onedin Line (Spartacus-Khachaturian, The Flaxton Boys (Classical Symphony-Prokoviev) and A Family at War (6th Symphony-Vaughan Williams). Still prefer English and Russian Composers to this day, and have all of the above on CD.
Also had a wonderful music teacher at my school who introduced me to (among others), Wagner, Pink Floyd, Faure and Rachmaninov. It's so important I feel to be exposed to such beauty at a young age. Again with literature, my English teacher introduced me to the likes of Dickens, Hardy, Churchill, CS Forester, and latterly Deighton and Le Carre. Plus the poetry of the delightful John Betjeman.

I was so lucky. What are your experiences? Anyone.....
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: What was the first record you bought

Unread post by CN211276 »

I was really into Glam Rock, especially T.Rex. Then Bowie came along who I thought was a cut above the rest. Bought all his albums on release until he sold out with Lets Dance. During the 70s I also got into heavier rock and prog. In the 80s I was a fan of NWOBHM and Hair Metal, going to a lot of gigs. I dont think much has happened musically since. All the newer bands I like draw heavily on the past.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc