All music posts here please.
Mississippi Blind Child Assburn
Has thanked: 0
Canada

The Tragically Hip

Unread post by Mississippi Blind Child Assburn »

Fuck them.
Fuck them in the ass.

Yesterday at the secondhand store (the chazza) I was looking thru the ass-fucked mainly-religious chud - cds and the guy comes in with maybe 20 new cds to put on the shelf. He winks at me and informs me today is my lucky day: "There are two Tragically Hips cds in there!" as if he is doing me the favour of favours and its the Holy Grail he's got.

Okay - true, Blind Child never actually heard a single TH song. And its going to stay that way.
So why then do I hate this band so much.

Its the hype. The hype that KILLS everything for me.

TH were a Canadian band whose first lp was released something like '87. I don't ever recall them being big news...till something happened a few years ago. All a sudden they are being exhaulted to the skies on CBC radio almost as frequently as North American Indian rubbish is being poured down our throats. (I have nothing against Indians, but please CBC - there ARE other nationalities, you know.) All the radio stations began hyping them.
Then they reformed. THEN the leader, one Gord Downie, was announced as having brain cancer. THEN things really exploded. He performed to the end, shilling this (supposed) rock-mainstream -tripe. It was Gordon Downie fever. "Gordon" this,"Gordon" fucking that. And his silly white tophat.

I hate celebrities. Especially overnight celebrities - something we have all too much of in these sad times.

So, it was half-price day at the Christian chazza. Half price day at Christian secondhand means they nigh give tat away. I took the 2 cds for a mere TEN CENTS EACH. Figuring the jewel case is worth that alone. And, of course, figuring I could flog them off at some profit to some media-gapemouth.

Yeah - even though cds are worthless and very difficult to flog. (Now, if these two TH cds were in fact LPS, 'd be talking money.)

By the way, the titles are "Road Apples" and " Up To Here".

So then Tragically Hip are gods here in Leutonia.

I want to know: I'm betting they are not even known there on your British Isles.

Oh yeah - "tragically hip" says it all. Doesnt it.

Fretless
Netherlands

Re: The Tragically Hip

Unread post by Fretless »

I like this album of the Tragically Hip. 'In Violet Light'

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ