Doolally audiofool behaviour (this thread specifically attacks you audiofools)

All music posts here please.
Firebug1
Finland

Re: Doolally audiofool behaviour (this thread specifically attacks you audiofools)

Unread post by Firebug1 »

Wrong medicine.... :think:
Rega by Michael Lim\Teac\ASR\NVA\
SA Mantra30\Audeze LCD-2 closed.
...the Gods you worship are steel, at the altar of rock 'n' roll you kneel...

Fearless Fosdick
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Doolally audiofool behaviour (this thread specifically attacks you audiofools)

Unread post by Fearless Fosdick »

:text-goodpost: Blind Child You are the Man You tell em!
I made a killing on Wall Street a few years ago I shot my broker.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Oh no. Missy has a fan.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro & AudioQuest

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I am a bit of a fan, I like characters, and people who are individual. Look how long I put up with Jammy for until he went too far.

Chunk McDaniel

Unread post by Chunk McDaniel »

Try it with a Geordie accent it makes it a bit easier. Still is a load of nonsense though.

Chunk McDaniel

Unread post by Chunk McDaniel »

It is a very fine line between a character and an arsehole. Missy has crossed that line on more than one occasion.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

So did Jammy, there is some wiggle room, it is when the nastiness starts to exceed the fun and information then ADMIN will get involved.

Mississippi Blind Child Assburn
Canada

Unread post by Mississippi Blind Child Assburn »

Chunk McDaniel wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:52 pm It is a very fine line between a character and an arsehole. Missy has crossed that line on more than one occasion.

Mississippi Blind Child Assburn
Canada

Unread post by Mississippi Blind Child Assburn »

In respect of accuracy, separation, sound stage etc. There is a limit on how much you have to spend. Being intelligent, making the right choices and getting the synergy right will give you incredible sound, that quite frankly will slaughter the sound of some blokes hyper expensive system, who is only in it for the kit and barging rights. Most importantly you have to know what you are looking for sound wise, your choice.

Always remember the Diminishing Returns Law it sets in quite low on the economic ladder. If money means fuck all to you then spend it on whatever you like, but do not ever think or believe because you have spent a lot of money it must be better. If you believe that then you are in my opinion in it for the bragging rights only.
Nobody likes a person who brags and worships money it is quite frankly not only boring but crass as well.

The biggest mistake IMHO are the blokes who are trying to coax the most inner and hidden detail out of their systems. They have forgotten about the fucking music, it means fuck all to them, the inner detail counts that is all. Their systems sound absolutely dire when fed a bad or mediocre recording. What is the point of that; they have but a few recordings they listen to and therefore cannot appreciate all the fine music that is out their that was not well recorded. That is one advantage of a budget system it will play anything reasonably well, not great but well.
If I go and listen to some grossly expensive system I take along an old Beach Boys record. If it sounds crap and quite frankly I have never heard a realy high end system where the record sounds good, I fail to see the point of the system. The Look on the blokes face is worth a million bucks to me they get in a real tizz "No no you cant play that on my system"
That being said it is possible to build up a system that will play good and bad well that does not cost a fortune. Forget the detail, if the music sounds like you have Elvis standing right in front of you singing when you close your eyes you have in my opinion got it right.

I appreciate that we are all different in our choices of what we like to hear, nothing is carved in stone.
Others opinions seem to be the top of the list with most of the Muppets on the forums. Look at me, look at my kit, look on how much it costs, look at my brand choices, is all that seems to matter to them.

I do not post on forums any more because I find it very difficult to hold my tongue, Ripping some rich show off a new asshole is a temptation I find impossible to resist.

To each his own I say is best philosophy, for me at least it stops me from upsetting some anal retentive Audiofool. I know what I like, they know what they like, they get their pleasure box swapping and spending enough money that could settle a mortgage on fucking bits of wire, fuses and plugs. I get my pleasure out the Music Dude!

So finally if you come on here with the attitude that your choices are the only ones relative, and you are right and everybody else is wrong; You are nothing but a sad attention seeking looser IMHO. How much money you have spent, or not spent for that matter means fuck all. Passing yourself off as some form of Audio Guru who knows the name, sound-----(That is Bullcrap BTW because they all sound much the same speakers and pre amps being the exceptions), and look of every piece of audio kit makes you nothing more than a 12 year old Cock Slurping Window Shopper, with a bad case of pimples.
It is how you put it all together that counts music wise at least.

ArloFlynn
Ireland

Unread post by ArloFlynn »

On some forums, every word in every sentence would be analysed and quoted back to you with a demand for you to answer their analysis of your thesis.

I read all you say and agree, I like it, it's a good post.
Kevin.

No Valves - Technics SL1210/Jelco/DL103 (vdh) - Phono2 - P50SA - A70's - Cubettes
Valves - Cambridge CD - World Designs Pre3 - WAD 6550 - Troels Gravesen CA18rnx speakers.