Proglodites

All music posts here please.
Welder
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Proglodites

Unread post by Welder »

I can’t help but notice that someone has inadvertently let a proglodite out of it’s coffin.
This is bad news for all music fans.

This particular proglodite was apparently a swamp dweller back in the aeons of time, approximately carbon dated at early 1970’s.
What I find particularly concerning, is apparently this one is blind. This of course means there must be another in order to make the posts. It could however be conceivable that this one is in fact deaf on the evidence available on this forum, in which case it’s the other that may be blind.
Looking through my ancient book of dealing with grave released pests and public nuisances I have learnt that there are two ways to return such creatures to times past, or failing this, back to their graves.

The most effective way is apparently to grind vinyl into a fine paste and force the proglodite to ingest the compound. Given it’s now 2018 this could prove problematical as vinyl is now no longer produced in the volumes it once was; health and safety issues found that the dust produced by dragging a semi precious stone in grooved sheets of vinyl is carcinogenic.
However, a small footnote mentions that playing music any music may drive the proglodite back to it’s coffin much as sunlight does with vampires. Proglodites don’t apparently like music.

So, in the interest of the contributors to HFS I thought we might at least mention some of the music we play.
As is often the way when dealing with the dead, more modern approaches have superseded some of the old. Take for example the driving of a stake through a vampires heart; these days a small nuclear device is equally effective. With the case of a troglodyte more modern music and differing genres work in a similar fashion.

So, those of you with staunch dispositions and a modicum of musical taste might like to offer some selected tracks to help rid the forum of the pest.
Here a few to designed to irritate a troglodite. They apparently work because the troglodite doesn’t immediately recognise the tracks as music and frantically searches it’s memory to see if it can dredge up some irrelevant information on who may, or may not, have been involved in its production. Due to the troglodites compulsion to appear knowledgable about music there is a chance that the deaf one at least may look for the track on the internet and it only take a few moments of listening to drive the troglodite apoplectic and later to death.

Bad Brains, Banned In DC. The Messengers with the Quickness.
Brick, Good High. Dazz
Jon Hassell, Dressing For Pleasure.
Noir Desire, Tostaky.
Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

Mississippi Blind Child Assburn
Canada

Re: Proglodites

Unread post by Mississippi Blind Child Assburn »

Good post!

By the way, proggers - not just metalhead retards - like the vampire theme. (Heck , a krautrock band is Nosferatu.) I even got an old classical record Vampire opera that no one heard of.

I once saw whom I pretty-well sure was Jon Hassell outside the famous Grant Street Studio, Hamilton.

These are the Hassell lps Blind Chile has in the collectro:
Vernal Equinox
Aka/Darbari/Java
Eathquake Island
Fourth World (with Rno)
Dream Theory in Malaya

Canada

Canada

Weldy is playing the Devil's advocate.
He has an Eloy hood ornament.

(I seen a piccy.)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Welder is a busy man he will be back.

Canada

Welder
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Welder »

Pffft vampire pictures, is that the best you can come up with?
Given your self professed knowledge of progism I was kind of hoping for something a bit more imaginative, but I suppose you’re a bit buggered with the prog in this respect.
Time to throw a bit of holy water at the problem….

I seem to have run out of holy water. I must have used it up on the last proglodite I sent back to its grave along with it’s overly long, untalented, introspective, guitar solos.
Never mind I’ve got some Ben Harper; probably more effective with much more god in him.
Ben Harper, Faded ,from The Will To Live…...something proglodites will never understand.
There’s a message in there.
[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwoEsNgmKFE[/BBvideo]
Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

Canada

I got ROY Harpers in the collectro.
Nuffink special - cos its not prog.

Cummon off the horse, Jimmeh.
I knos yer sending your kids out on Halloween as Peter Gabriel and Annie Haslam.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Roy Harper worked with both Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

His album 'Bullinamingvase' is rather proggy.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

Canada

Oi ! Weldy: