Hey Huberts! Wot are yer fav 60's spaced-out, MOOG lps?

All music posts here please.
Mississippi Blind Child Assburn
Has thanked: 0
Canada

Re: Hey Huberts! Wot are yer fav 60's spaced-out, MOOG lps?

Unread post by Mississippi Blind Child Assburn »

I have a box 2lp set of Beaver & Krause's instructional moog release, "The Nonesuch Guide to Electronic Music " put out on Elektra/nonsuch label. Its one of my killer "finds" as I got it for only 50 cents.

This is before Moog had an actual written manual.
Three sides are just the sounds you can get off the moog, but the set really shines on side 4 which is a piece written , I assume,by Krause, since Beaver was less the composer and more the keysman/technician.

Peeps know the three Beaver/Krause lps but less known is their actual first lp, "Ragnarock Electronic-Funk" '67 on Limelight. (A record, I might say, that Blind Child is still searching for.)

Also, did you know that both were on the historic Zodiac Cosmic Sounds sessions?

Doors "Strange Days" .
And that is Paul Beaver on moog on The Monkees "Star collector" (where it sounds like Jamacain steel drums).
And monkees' "Daily,Nightly" - that totally changed my world! Possibly the first instance of moog on major label rock record.
Blind Child has two (Canada-press) copies of 'Electronic Sound" . On the very bottom of the front cover , crudely silvered-out, you can barely make-out (if you hold the lp at the proper angle) "Assisted by Bernie Krause". It was Krause who demanded his name be removed.

Mississippi Blind Child Assburn
Has thanked: 0
Canada

Re: Hey Huberts! Wot are yer fav 60's spaced-out, MOOG lps?

Unread post by Mississippi Blind Child Assburn »

Blind Child can score this hot sauce for 3 dollah.

Think I should get it on? (lp is only some 27 minutes long.)