"electronicaly reprocessed"

All music posts here please.
Mississippi Blind Child Assburn
Has thanked: 0
Canada

"electronicaly reprocessed"

Unread post by Mississippi Blind Child Assburn »

Remember those?
It was when they took a mono-only release and tarted it up ("enhanced") to make a pseudo, a mock "stereo".

Usually went like this: left channel mono, right gets reverb. Then down to 2-track tape. Sometimes panning was there (but thankfully they didnt go full-hog and do "Astro-sounds"-type flanging.)

This scam was started in late 60s and ,surprizingly, continued in a few cases through the 80s!

My question is: did Britian escape this all together?
You dont see Stones or Beatles getting this treatment there. And Wallace believes only in North America did Donovan "Sunshine Superman" get enhanced.

Atlantic, Reprise,Warner Bros all played this grim game.
Then there was this "Duophonic" deal which I think was down to Columbia??? (Gotta look this up.)

I had some early Canadian-press Stones lps, like "Out of Their Hands"(?) that were reprocessed.
Do you know of any early prog ones besides Deram label first Procol Harem? (I have that, plus an orig. Israeli laminaturd cover with backflaps, and a Russian press too. Should check if those are true mono.)

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: "electronicaly reprocessed"

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Second half of 'I Am The Walrus' goes into comb-filtered stereo after proper stereo to start with (Magical Mystery Tour album version) the multi tracks do exist it seems and the version on 'Love' is stereo all through (I think there's a third version, but can't remember now - possibly the Anthology set? - I'll have to check)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Karnevil9
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Karnevil9 »

On Pink Floyd 'Relics' -" See Emily Play" + "Arnold Layne" were put on the LP in Fake Stereo,

Hannes-Gregor
Germany

Unread post by Hannes-Gregor »

Jimi Hendrix "Are you experienced" was in a lot of releases. And "An hour with the Ramsey Lewis Trio", too.

Karnevil9
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Karnevil9 »

One of the things that went missing when all that no tone controls flat erf cack came in to fashion was no more Mono buttons on ya amplifier.