Favourite tunes

All music posts here please.
karatestu
Great Britain

Favourite tunes

Unread post by karatestu »

There are many genre's of music. Rock, pop, jazz, classical, country, electronic, dance, disco, funk, fusion, folk, soul, reggea etc etc

In order with favourite first mine would go something like this (the

Rock, funk, jazz, fusion, electronic, disco :dance: , reggea, country, folk, soul, pop, classical

I do really like some classical but they are very few, i find most of it too dull or it just does not move me. Pop is another where i like the odd one here and there but i find most of it to be throw away crap.

Funk is the one for me. The bass lines, drums and the way all the instruments link together. Syncopated and often less is more. The gaps in the music and where they are located. :dance: It is also my favourite style to play (drums) and i have been in one or two very funky bands over the years.

As the J.B's would say - "Givin' up food for funk" . It's gotta be funky :dance:
DIY FREE ZONE

Rick4001
Great Britain

Re: Favourite tunes

Unread post by Rick4001 »

:banana-guitar: :banana-guitar: Mine goes something like this;
Rock, Soul, Reggae, Funk, Electronic, Jazz, Classical, Disco, Pop, Folk and Country.
I think what really excites me in music is creativity and that special " something " you hear from truly talented people.
I'm an old rocker at heart but being a bass player a banging funk bass or rumbling reggae line reels me in every time.

That's it!, the Fenders coming out of it's case, time to exercise my fingers
My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/modified Musical Fidelity X DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Nakamichi CA5E preamp, Passive RVC, Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp ,Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands, NVA LS5, Cambridge NP30 network player, Mogami with Neutrik RCA, Sennheiser HD650, 600, Koss Pro4 AA.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Yeah some epic bass lines in Reggae. They seem to be the main hook and drive the track. Stir it up by Bob Marley comes to mind.
DIY FREE ZONE

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

I can listen to more or less anything I consider to be good with the exceptions of hip hop and rap. My strong preference is for rock, much of it of a heavy nature from the 70s and 80s.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis »

My problem is where to draw the lines between genres, there is a lot of crossover in the music that I listen to but I'll try to list what I like in some sort of order of what my preferences are at the moment

Jazz funk/fusion, jazz, modern soul (70's), dub reggae, dancehall reggae (early 80's) roots reggae, disco, funk, downtempo/electronic, soundtrack/library music, northern soul, folk rock, some rock and some orchestral. There's lot's more that I listen to as well, I'm willing to give most things a listen.

Back in my teens i was a heavy rock fan but I don't listen to it much these days although some of the classic stuff like Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Spirit and The Doors still get the occasional listen

There is very little country music in my collection although I do enjoy some of it. I do like the idea of chamber music but I've never really heard any that I really enjoyed.
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

ArloFlynn
Ireland

Unread post by ArloFlynn »

Back in the days when record shops were plenty, and musical styles were not so pigeon holed, I would always head to the Rock n Pop section, which covered most of the floor space. This is where 99% of my music came from.
So for me Rock n pop then soul.
Kevin.

No Valves - Technics SL1210/Jelco/DL103 (vdh) - Phono2 - P50SA - A70's - Cubettes
Valves - Cambridge CD - World Designs Pre3 - WAD 6550 - Troels Gravesen CA18rnx speakers.