Dishonest Used Record Sellers

All music posts here please.
Rectified
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dishonest Used Record Sellers

Unread post by Rectified »

Dont you get sick & Tired of them. Another one today Bought a Double album as Near Mint all around to find a 3/4" scratch across one of the records. But guess what it was deffo not there when it was packed cos he checked, Must be magic eh!

Same old thing you cannot sort it without Incurring more cost lost returning it, What happens you give them a Negative, they return one.
:evil:

scotty38
Kiribati

Re: Dishonest Used Record Sellers

Unread post by scotty38 »

He/she is a low life nothing more to be said about them and you'll never win because they don't care. Unless you're sure of the seller never buy anything you'll care about if you can't see/touch it beforehand would be the best advice. Pain in the backside but that's about the size of it....

Rectified

Unread post by Rectified »

:clap:

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

It could be useful to name the seller so that we don't get caught.
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Always name and shame.

Andy-831
Great Britain

Unread post by Andy-831 »

Rectified wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:15 pm Dont you get sick & Tired of them. Another one today Bought a Double album as Near Mint all around to find a 3/4" scratch across one of the records. But guess what it was deffo not there when it was packed cos he checked, Must be magic eh!

Same old thing you cannot sort it without Incurring more cost lost returning it, What happens you give them a Negative, they return one.
:evil:
Experiences like this is the reason why I have stopped buying secondhand vinyl unless I know and trust the seller which rules Ebay out for me. I only now buy cd second hand, it just less problematic. :guiness;

Andy
Analogue
401 / PU7 / AT33ev
Longdog Audio Quartz Garrard PSU.
Longdog Audio Phono stage (MCj1)
Digital
NVA BMU.
Innuos Zen / Caiman Seg and Dorado
Cambridge CXC
Amps
Tron Seven Linestage.
Bel Canto Set 40, or LDA 300B Set Monoblocks
Speakers
Tannoy GRF Memory.
Tannoy ST100 Supertweeters

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Most second hand vinyl is now well over graded on top of rising prices. Dealers can't get good stuff so easily so standards drop in order to make a sale. At least on Ebay you just start a dispute and you should get your money back. I think most give discs a very cursory inspection which misses faults and rely on most people not sending bad product back. Some apparently revel in all those clicks pops and crackles that make vinyl sound so 'attractive' along with the warmth. :lol:
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

wiicrackpot

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Andy-831 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:18 pm
Experiences like this is the reason why I have stopped buying secondhand vinyl unless I know and trust the seller which rules Ebay out for me. I only now buy cd second hand, it just less problematic. :guiness;

Andy
A long while back I bough from a member on the forum that hands out bans to all who mentions RD,NVA or HifI Sub,
Described by seller as SACD and good condition, when I got them they were HDCD’s and anything but good,
on one there was scorched marks leading to the cantering hole and a crack too,
PM’d seller stating the sub standard and wrong description of items,
met with excuses of the damage might have happened in transit and no mention of return and refund,
In a pissed off mood I sent them back with a note stating the facts and a closing line of “keep the money, you probably need it more then I”, in all the years of buying on Wam,PFM and Ebay, I have never had such an experience. :naughty:

I last looked in a while ago the seller concerned is still there giving out advice.
Frank...made me do it.

wiicrackpot

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Andy
A long while back I bough from a member on the forum that hands out bans to all who mentions RD,NVA or HifI Sub,
Described by seller as SACD and good condition, when I got them they were HDCD’s and had many surface scratches and anything but good condition,
on one there was scorched marks leading to the cantering hole and a crack on the hole,
It clearly showed the disc wasn’t centred right in the tray and the door closed and maybe transport clamped on it,
PM’d the seller stating the sub standard and wrong description of items,
met with excuses of the damage might have happened in transit and no mention of return and refund,
In a pissed off mood I sent them back with a note stating the facts and a closing line of “keep the money, you probably need it more then I”, in all the years of buying on Wam,PFM and Ebay, I have never had such an experience. :naughty:

I last looked in a while ago the seller concerned is still there giving out advice.
Frank...made me do it.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

wiicrackpot wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:11 pm

Andy
Described by seller as SACD and good condition, when I got them they were HDCD’s and anything but good,
on one there was scorched marks leading to the cantering hole and a crack too,
PM’d seller stating the sub standard and wrong description of items,

Name and shame him!
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)