They took their time!

All music posts here please.
slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: They took their time!

Unread post by slinger »

BillyBones wrote:My minds blown! Just as I was typing the last message and listening to Radio Paradise, what should come on but Morning Will Come off the Dr. Sardonicus album, the very first Spirit song I ever heard on an old CBS sampler LP.
You must mean the "Together" album. I was a year before you, I first heard them performing Mr. Skin on the "Rockbuster" sampler released in 1970.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

slinger wrote:
BillyBones wrote:My minds blown! Just as I was typing the last message and listening to Radio Paradise, what should come on but Morning Will Come off the Dr. Sardonicus album, the very first Spirit song I ever heard on an old CBS sampler LP.
You must mean the "Together" album. I was a year before you, I first heard them performing Mr. Skin on the "Rockbuster" sampler released in 1970.
That's the one! In those days samplers were a cheap option for a poor impoverished schoolboy like me. The Together album cost 99p and was blue vinyl. The Spirit track was always my favourite on it, along with Janis Joplin and Johnny Winter.

Talking of samplers, this was my all time favourite..

Liberty/United Artists double LP, again 99p.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Forget the Page bashing. This is the most ridiculous case of it's type I have seen. The chord progression at the beginning of Stairway is a common one and is the only part of the track similar to Taurus. It's similar but a variation. If this is upheld there won't be any point in writing new music as with 4 chords in rock there are always going to be similarities between compositions and people are always subconsciously influenced by all the material they have heard. LZ usually settled out of court when genuine claims of copying were raised and credits altered. Strange Randy California wasn't bothered to sue when alive?

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/oOlDewpCfZQ[/BBvideo]
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

You beat me to it Rocky.........

Sounds fuk all like Zep's STH.

Erm ......Okay, well it does a wee bit.....But if this case is successful, then you could say the same for a host of songs.

:think:

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Humphrey Littleton 'Bad Penny Blues' (1956) provides a fair amounth of 'Lady Madonna'. When asked what he was going to do about it, Humph is reputed to have said, 'good luck to them.'
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro